Dogtopia is on the search for an Assistant Controller to join our Phoenix Support Office team who is committed to excellence, supports business strategy, embraces a fast-paced, high-volume environment, and ensures the integrity of our financial records. This key position will be responsible for preparing, interpreting, and analyzing financial records and implementing internal financial control procedures.
As the Assistant Controller, a typical day might include the following:
- Overseeing the month-end financial close process by preparing complex journal entries, accruals, reconciliations, adjustments, and other entries as assigned.
- Compiling accurate monthly financial statements, performing complete detailed variance analysis and summarizing results.
- Working closely with the Finance Director and other team members to design and implement new processes and recommending improvements of existing processes.
- Preparing reports as required by regulatory authorities.
- Preparing bi-weekly payroll and payroll compliance.
THIS JOB MAY BE FOR YOU IF:
- You are experienced in environments with a high quantity of transactions like franchising, retail, or property management.
- You possess a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), including non-profit accounting and tax requirements.
- You are highly analytical and use this ability to analyze and interpret accounting reports and communicate results.
- You are extremely motivated, inquisitive, and a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and effectively manage priorities to meet deadlines.
- You have a strong attention to detail.
- You are a problem solver and love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions.
- You don’t get frustrated easily. If you don’t know the answer, you leverage your village of knowledge and are committed to finding the answer.
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You communicate clearly. You write well. You speak clearly.
- You are motivated and driven. You take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE:
- A Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 5-10 years of general accounting experience
- CPA preferred
- Experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Strong Excel skills
WHO WE ARE:
At Dogtopia, we’re dedicated to offering exceptional daycare for dogs. We have more than 130 open locations in the United States and Canada, with another 250 sold and currently in development. Our modern facilities provide healthy, safe and fun environments for dogs to socialize and play in and are supervised by a highly trained and loving team. With some seriously cool branding, an experienced leadership team and 60 more stores to open in 2020, we think you need to meet us!
But don’t just take our word for it. Since opening in 2002, we’ve been the recipient of many awards for our facility design, customer service and cutting-edge innovations, including: Recently named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s esteemed Franchise 500® list, was honored for the second consecutive year in the Top 50 Franchises by Franchise Business Review and was included on Inc.’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies.
- We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog
- We STAY loyal to our pack
- We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety
- We PLAY to our full potential
- We TREAT every day like it’s the most exciting day ever
WHAT WE HAVE:
- A highly competitive total compensation package
- A base salary awarded based upon experience and qualifications
- Individual Incentive Plans (Personal KPI’s) to be defined within 30 days of start date
- Opportunity for year-end Company Bonus – if all established Company goals are met
- Potential base pay increase after one year of employment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 10 paid holidays
- 5 PTO (Personal/Sick) days
- 2 weeks of vacation pay
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- $1,500 annual health and wellness incentive to support a healthy lifestyle for you and your pet
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if a new opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.