WHO WE ARE
The Dogtopia Foundation enables dogs to positively change our world. The Foundation provides the opportunity to elevate the communities where we are located and significantly impact the causes we champion.
The Dogtopia Foundation funds programs focused on three worthy causes: Service Dogs for Veterans, Youth Literacy Programs and Employment Initiatives for Adults with Autism. By connecting dogs with the programs we support, these loving and devoted dogs are fulfilling their true purpose by helping our returning veterans, at-risk children and adults with autism reach their full potential.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director, the Communications and Development Specialist will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring strong communications at all levels (annual appeals, weekly franchisee communications, social media, website) with assistance from the Dogtopia Marketing Department.
- Development and quality control of all communication (weekly franchisee communication, annual appeals, social media, website);
- Development and management of fundraising campaigns
- Maintaining a detailed schedule of communication, events and organizational goals.
- Overseeing the donor database while growing and serving our community of supporters.
- Ensuring timely donor acknowledgements;
- Establishing and implementing data-entry policies and procedures to ensure data consistency and quality;
- Overseeing development reports;
- Maintaining franchisee communications and cultivation efforts;
- Increasing franchisee engagement and fundraising;
- Strengthening relationships with franchisees.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assist the Foundation and Dogtopia Marketing Department in the preparation and implementation of fundraising materials including case studies, proposals, and direct mail;
- Coordinate Foundation Board meetings and maintain minutes.
- Coordinate activities of employee giving program
- Manage own administrative/clerical tasks
- Participate in staff meetings, trainings, and other activities as directed
- Perform other duties as directed by Executive Director
We are specifically seeking an individual with optimism, professional maturity, problem-solving skills, creativity, and dedication to our noble cause.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of relevant philanthropy/development experience;
- Strong communications skills, oral and written;
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize appropriately when facing multiple responsibilities and tasks;
- Proven experience in database entry, analysis, reporting and some project management;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint;
- Outstanding analytical, creative, and strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to initiate and complete projects, be flexible, and work within a team environment;
- Strong writing skills are essential;
- Marketing experience is highly desired;
- You must be a team player and enjoy collaboration;
- Must be able to work in an energetic, fast-paced environment
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if a new opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.