The Construction Project Manager will focus on the successful development of all phases of construction, renovation and management of various Dogtopia Franchise locations throughout the US. The Project Manager will work closely with the Director of Construction and Director of Design to help with directing and coordinating activities in managing ongoing facility projects through schedule, budget, and quality.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial and retail construction and knowledge of the building processes with emphasis on project planning, establishing deliverables and critical project objectives. The ideal candidate must also possess superior communications skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a rapidly growing company with over 200 projects in the pipeline.
- Assist in developing scopes for strategic Real Estate and Development projects from initiation, due diligence,
- planning, execution, monitoring, and close-out
- Oversee, coordinate, and manage subcontractors and vendors to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment,
- and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies to ensure smooth project execution
- Assist with developing and maintaining project budgets and process invoices
- Negotiation, selection and contracting process of external vendors and construction contractors
- Providing support to the team as needed coordinating meetings, preparing meeting agendas, and generating and
- publishing meeting minutes.
- Develop and maintain relationships with contractors, franchisees and stakeholders.
- Openly and confidently communicate with all other parties involved with the project, establishing trust and
- rapport with owners, stakeholders, architects, engineers, and subcontractors.
- Processing invoices related to project expenses, including, setting up vendors, ensuring the appropriate
- insurance coverage is obtained and submitted (including required insurance certificates), verifying invoice
- amount is within budget and in compliance with contracts or agreements.
- Assist in preparing bid packages and contract scope of work; set up contractor pre-work meeting, keep meeting
- minutes and follow up.
- Maintain project documentation related to change orders, schedule, and budgets.
- Assist in the transition of a project through each phase of development from site selection through
- construction, to ensure successful project closeout and the right path to regular maintenance.
- Must be able to support multiple projects and present a high level of organization.
- Other related projects and duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 2 years of experience as project manager/project manager, preferably in the design, construction or development industry
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- A self-starter who drives excellence and meets high standards
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Multi-tasking with a sense of urgency while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy is crucial
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support.
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Proficient in MS Office, Project, and Adobe preferred
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 30- 50% of the time)
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Experience in reading commercial contracts (master agreements/work orders) and understanding contract
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- An analytic mind with a passion for diagnosing and solving problems
- Experience with strategic planning and process improvement
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Performance Based Incentives
- 401K with company match (following 1 year of service)
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Dogtopia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Project Manager will report to the Director of Construction and will be a salaried full-time position based at the Support Office in Phoenix.
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if a new opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.