Dogtopia is the leading dog daycare provider with more than 160 locations operating in 35 states of the USA and Canada, with another 250 in the development pipeline to open.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller (Phoenix based) is a critical and highly visible leadership role that will help to drive, build, and scale the Company’s accounting organization. The Controller is responsible for overseeing all accounting activities including items such as accurately and timely recording transactions, billing and collections, payables, payroll, preparation of reconciliations, consolidations, periodic financial reporting, technical accounting, and oversight of requisite internal controls. The Controller is also expected to ensure compliance with local, State and Federal agencies and the overall duty of safekeeping and performing all accounting functions of Dogtopia Enterprises.
- Drive the adoption of common processes and standards across the company. Identifies ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of companywide reporting.
- Establish best practices for the accounting function, including developing metrics to identify trends and measure performance.
- Work closely and communicate effectively with corporate partners to ensure that information and support needs are consistently met.
- Develop a superior, high-performing team that meets increasing needs and requirements across the business and helps drive the overall organization forward.
- Drive operational excellence and efficiency through our accounting operations systems and processes through cross functional change management and leadership.
- Management of the monthly and quarterly financial statement close process.
- Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly internal reporting.
- Oversight and accountability for the Company’s annual audit and tax filings.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
- Compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and filings.
- Support requests to provide financial or operational data and solutions to internal management and Franchisees
- Special finance projects as needed
- 15+ years of accounting experience
- Experience leading through transformational change in the Controllership function including acquisition integration, ERP system enhancements, etc.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, other software, and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Superior client service and follow up skills
- CPA a plus
- Franchise experience a plus
- Problem solving and decision-making skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Maintain a positive attitude and exhibit proactive, organized behavior on all tasks
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion, and judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- This is a dynamic, fast paced environment
- 10 paid holidays
- 5 PTO days
- 2 weeks’ vacation pay
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- Bonus potential
- Annual health and wellness cash benefit for gym membership or healthcare
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog
We STAY loyal to our pack
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety
We PLAY to our full potential
We TREAT every day like it’s the most exciting day ever
Job Type: Full-time, job is based in our Dogtopia Support Office in Phoenix, AZ (near the Biltmore)
Apply for this posting
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.