Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding and spa services has an immediate opening for an energetic, organized, business-minded individual to lead our team as General Manager at our Dogtopia of Temecula center in California. This is a role for someone with a management and Operations background who understands hard work, how to deliver and train others to provide top customer service and ensure a great environment for the dogs in our care.
- Must love dogs
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to work cohesively with others in a fun, fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to manage and motivate your staff
- Sales and Marketing experience a plus
- Detail Oriented
- Quick thinker
- Emotionally intelligent
- Outgoing, enthusiastic by nature
- Will take charge of their team to reach success
- Team Management
- Ensures Operations are being maintained to the highest standards, while always addressing areas for improvement within the store.
- Maintains optimum staffing by creating weekly work schedule with minimal overtime
- Leads by example by coaching all on contributing to a positive team-oriented culture.
- Delivers written performance reviews and give employees positive acknowledgement when due!
- Help coach the Assistant Manager on our Dogtopia-isms
- Actively pursues hiring candidates by reviewing applications, interviewing and on-boarding
- Set realistic goals for store and employees
- Is willing to be flexible with hours depending on need of store
Clean and Safe Environment
- Ensure our furry friends are always in a safe and clean environment we take pride in working as a team to get all the nitty gritty complete
- Maintain and update cleaning schedule, along with holding themselves and team accountable to the Dogtopia’s safety and cleaning standards.
- Holds team accountable, ensuring all tasks be completed before leaving their shift, ensuring safety is always #1.
- Takes responsibility for maintaining supply levels within the store; orders are put in before the store starts to run out of needed items.
Financial and Administrative
- Develops team in up-selling and using dog evaluations to grow revenue.
- Maintains controllable expenses within budgetary constraints including forecasting, tracking and ordering supplies, minimizing payroll, and actively look for ways to maximize efficiency.
- Communicates any concerns or needs proactively and partnering after attempting to resolve issues
- Preparing Payroll, including; calculating hours, overtime hours, and ensuring that staff clock in/out
- Completes weekly revenue reports accurately, fixing any discrepancies
Customer Service & Presentation
- Maintains a neat and organized Front Desk team and area at all times. This includes holding team to professional clean dress.
- Sets the example for the team on the 3 S’s (smile, story and satisfaction) and hold accountable to internal and external customer service standards.
- Keeps the team members engaged in their duties
- Handles all events and any corresponding forms on time
- Strive for high customer review ratings!
The rules by which we as Dogtopians live be are:
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog.
We STAY loyal to our pack.
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety.
We PLAY to our fullest potential.
We TREAT every day like It’s the Most Exciting Day Ever!
ENJOY your team! GROW your team! And PLAY to your fullest potential
As the General Manager you are responsible for the success or failure of the business and team. As such this individual needs to be able to actively speak to the plan, budget, revenue and health of the store at all times.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if a new opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.