We are currently seeking an experienced In-House Legal Counsel to join the Dogtopia Support Office. As our In-House Legal Counsel for Dogtopia Enterprises, LLC, you will support Dogtopia’s growing needs, acting as the dedicated franchise attorney to establish all agreements, lead all commitment/compliance reporting and tracking for all franchisees, resolve all legal disputes and drive the protection of Dogtopia’s intellectual property and trademarks in all franchised regions.
Who We Are
At Dogtopia we’re dedicated to offering exceptional daycare for dogs. We have more than 120 open locations in the United States and Canada, with another 250 sold and currently in development. Our modern facilities provide healthy, safe and fun environments for dogs to socialize and play in and are supervised by a highly trained and loving team. With some seriously cool branding, an experienced leadership team and 35 more stores to open by the end of 2019, we think you need to meet us!
But don’t just take our word for it. Since opening in 2002, we’ve been the recipient of many awards for our facility design, customer service and cutting-edge innovations, including: Recently named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s esteemed Franchise 500® list, was honored for the second consecutive year in the Top 50 Franchises by Franchise Business Review and was included on Inc.’s list of America’s Fastest Growing Companies.
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog
We STAY loyal to our pack
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety
We PLAY to our full potential
We TREAT every day like it’s the most exciting day ever
- Capable and professional representation of the brand and company at various arbitration hearings, administrative proceedings, scheduling conferences, mediations or court hearings.
- Ability to successfully and quickly negotiate a variety of settlement agreements.
- Ability to think on one’s feet and make decisions quickly.
- Providing exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Advise leaders on state laws and regulations pertaining to contracts, compliance, disputes and protection of intellectual property.
- Structure, review, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements.
- Manage a large workload and juggle responsibilities to address dynamic priorities likely in different time zones and states.
- Develop and maintain relationships in all relevant markets with outside attorneys.
- Convey complicated information to the CEO in a concise and professional manner.
- Provide support regarding contract interpretation and guidance.
- Hold business partners accountable and ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Provide support as necessary to other departments as needed.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that minimize risk and litigation.
- JD degree.
- Passed Arizona state bar.
- Legal experience with a focus on franchising.
- Experience drafting and negotiating fast-paced commercial transactions and responding to compliance enforcement needs.
- Excellent communication, organizational and project-management skills.
- Previous litigation, arbitration and negotiation experience
- Previous management experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong writing, verbal and analytical skills.
- 10 paid holidays
- 5 PTO days
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- 2 weeks vacation
- Bonus Potential
- $1,500 annual health and wellness cash benefit for gym membership or similar
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if a new opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.