Dogtopia is the leading dog daycare provider with more than 165 locations operating in 35 states of the USA and Canada, with another 250+ in the development pipeline to open. Dogtopia is searching for an experienced Senior Accountant who will be responsible for accurately recording all accounting transactions and the timely consolidation to allow reporting of periodic financial reports. In addition, the Senior Accountant completes reconciliations and financial validations and upholds generally accepted accounting principles. The role will also be responsible for AP, AR and GL posting. The Senior Accountant role will be based in our Phoenix, AZ Support Office.
- Full responsibility for AR and AP
- General Ledger posting to Microsoft Dynamics ERP Business Central
- Review and approve Payables in Avid Xchange
- Intercompany and Bank reconciliation
- Review the GL & make necessary reclassifications
- Budget variance reporting
- Sales, use and property tax calculation and filing
- Licensing, reporting and regulatory requirements to outside agencies
- Support with the annual internal audit
- Comply with all federal, state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation
- Play a vital part in the company’s financial management which includes all account reconciliations and reporting to necessary parties
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 5 years’ experience in an accounting role
- Microsoft Dynamics ERP Business Central experience preferred or similar
- Avid Xchange AP experience preferred or similar
- Understand the nuances and fast paced environment of a high growth company
- Highly organized and able to prioritize work effectively
- An aptitude for problem-solving and working cross-functionally with others
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation and separate sick time.
- Bonus Potential
- $1,000 annual health and wellness cash benefit for gym membership or healthcare
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if this opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.