Dogtopia is looking for an experienced Construction expert with experience opening 75-100 stores a year. This role will have full management and control of the entire development process from the point of the lease signed through to certificate of occupancy (CofO), with a clean, reliable, on-brand standard handover to the Operations team to prepare for opening.
The role will take responsibility for the oversight of architectural services, city permitting, GC bidding, GC selection, GC mobilization, and the oversight of the GC construction process to ensure brand standard quality, on budget, and on time as per the defined development schedules for the year.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Develop Reliable Project Scheduling
- Work with cities and local government to expedite permitting
- Communication with Franchisees, Contractors & Vendors.
- Communicate with and coordinate with the Construction Project Managers on open projects and deadlines
- Match the Schedule with the Scope of Work.
- Ensure Weekly Pipeline and Dashboards via SmartSheet are accurate
Provide Leadership and Direction for the Construction Team and Vendors
- Consult and Mentor the Construction team
- Determine capabilities and realistic workloads.
- Promote and inspire a “Can Do” attitude to problem-solving
- Position the Team to drive new store openings with quality, timeliness, and staying within budget.
- Identify project barriers, such as supply chain, permitting, banks delays, GC issues, labor shortages
Develop Stable Contractor Base
- Expand and evaluate current GC partners
- Assess current Contractor pool
- Clear SOW and Assessment Protocol, tracked in SmartSheet
- Quarterly Review Process of GCs to expedite bid status
Develop an Alternate Vendor and Product List
- Vetting and performance protocol for current and future vendors
- Quarterly Review Process to impact invitation to bid status
- Partner with Supply Chain team communicating needs for overall business scope
Certificate of Occupancy Expediency
- Ensure that stores achieve CofO within 10 weeks of the construction start date
- Reduce CAPEX with the goal of less than $90 per square foot
- Standard, on time, and on budget build standards
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation and separate sick time.
- Bonus Potential
- $1,000 annual health and wellness cash benefit for gym membership or healthcare
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below:
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.