Dogtopia is one of the early pioneers of dog daycare and leaders in the pet services industry. With more than 160 stores open and 200+ in development, Dogtopia is the largest provider of specialty dog daycare in the US. We are a full-service dog daycare with boarding, training and spa services that’s been showing dogs the love since 2002. Under new ownership since 2015, Dogtopia is now the fastest growing franchise in the $79B Pet Industry. Dogtopians are committed to chasing the highest standards of safety and professionalism while making it “The Most Exciting Day Ever” for your furry family members.
The Information Technology Team (IT) supports all business functions of Dogtopia by focusing on building efficiencies into all processes. We focus on people, process, and technology to collaborate and partner with our business users.
Overall Scope of this role
- We need a strong solutions architect, who can evaluate our digital transformation business needs and determine how IT can execute and support those needs leveraging software, hardware, or infrastructure.
- This role will also align IT strategy with business goals and encompasses business, systems, information, security, application, and technology architecture.
- It is important that this role sees the big picture, from initial concept, all the way to an executable technical journey.
What you will do?
- Develops product strategies, vision and roadmaps that align with the architecture and technology direction of the business unit, consistent with enterprise priorities.
- Provide the leadership, vision, and direction for executing our transformational roadmap.
- Work closely with stakeholders from across the business to define and implement technology enhancements and solutions.
- Responsible for planning, implementation, and solutioning of applications systems, including overall design, development, integration, and maintenance.
- Conducting evaluation of the computer system architecture with an emphasis on the design
- Keep projects on schedule and within budget.
- Manage and train staff for software projects and computer architecture projects in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (prefer Computer Science or related streams) and 10 years or more progressive experience, preferably in IT business applications management.
- Basic familiarity with the principles of design thinking.
- More than five years working in or with lean and agile software delivery teams (preferred).
- People management experience preferred.
- Proven experience in applying change management principles and techniques in helping the organization manage through change as required to execute the product strategy.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, independent and creative thinking, and leadership through collaboration, not authority
- Strong Business acumen and Enterprise Knowledge
- Expertise in building relationships
- Experience in working in a Franchise organization is preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below:
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.