Dogtopia of Don Valley is looking for energetic, organized, and enthusiastic Canine Coaches to join our team. This is a key role within our business and we work hard to deliver top customer service and ensure a great environment for the dogs in our care.
About the Canine Coach Role:
- The focus of the Canine Coach is to create a safe and fun play environment for each pup.
- You interact/engage with the dogs and are always on stage. All rooms are equipped with cameras so pet parents can stay engaged with their dogs and watch the fantastic experience you create for their pup.
- You will be caring for all furry friends as if they were part of your own family.
- Maintain control of a large group of dogs in open play.
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviours and re-direct escalated play.
- Address behavioural issues immediately without the use of force or physical punishment.
- Educate the dogs by teaching them to follow basic commands such as sit, down, stay, etc, that will be a benefit inside and outside of the playroom.
- Cleaning duties – keep playroom clean of messes at all times, daily cleaning procedures to maintain a clean and safe environment, follow proper cleaning protocol and use of chemicals to ensure a safe environment for both people and dogs.
- Must LOVE dogs!
- Ability to work varied schedules including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Position requires standing and walking throughout your shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You are a dog lover – We care deeply about the dogs in our care and you will too.
- Must be a team player – We have each other’s backs.
- Must be a quick thinker.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
- Must have strong observance skills.
What’s In It For You:
- Above-average hourly pay.
- Growth opportunities.
- Flexible work hours.
- Public transit Accessible/ Free car parking on site