Bring your dog to work? That’s right!
Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare has an opening for an energetic, organized, business-minded team player that will be the first point of contact with dog parents as the Dog Parent Relationship Associate (DPRA). As the DPRA you will also receive training as a Canine Coach so we are looking for dog lovers who are eager to learn about dog behavior and become experts in Playroom Management, as well as develop stellar customer service skills. We provide extensive training for this position.
Dogtopia of Historic Phoenix is the first Phoenix location of a multi-unit Dogtopia network under development in Arizona. This location is expected to open in early April and paid training for this role will begin approximately 10 days before we open. You will be a part of the Opening Team!
We expect to open at least 10 locations over the next few years so there are many opportunities for high performers to advance into management roles as we open new locations and grow in the Valley and beyond.
- A dog lover (obviously!) – we care deeply about the dogs in our care and you will too.
- A team player – we have each other’s backs.
- A perfectionist – we are always looking to learn and improve.
- Brave – we see challenges as fun and are not afraid of failure.
- Honest – dishonesty of any kind is not tolerated in our culture.
- Outgoing – you enjoy talking to people and dogs alike.
- Sharp – you learn quickly and can make decisions on your feet.
Develop relationships with dogs and their parents
- Greet everyone (human and canine) who walks into a Dogtopia by name and make them feel valued and welcome
- Answer dog parents’ questions and respond to requests in-person and on the phone
- Occasionally delight dog parents with creative, fun and memorable “above and beyond” moments
- Convert inbound inquiries about our services into Meet & Greets over the phone
- Deliver information to dog parents regarding their dogs time in daycare (including report cards!)
Manage all data tracking and payments
- Maintain accurate dog and dog parent profiles in our tracking systems
- Check dogs in and out of the facility
- Manage dog parents’ enrollments and purchases
- Keep detailed notes on dog behavior and dog parent interactions
Help keep the facility clean and fresh
- Perform routine cleaning in lobby and hallways
- Assist with playroom cleaning and deep cleans
Learn to be a top-notch Canine Coach
- Understand dog behavior, body language, and tactics for maintaining a fun and safe playroom
- Supervise playrooms and educate dogs
- Keep playroom safe & healthy
- Speak clearly and explain complex concepts in simple terms
- Quickly develop rapport with strangers
- Perform relatively complex tasks on computers
- Remain calm and poised in tense situations
- Be around groups of playing dogs of all sizes
- Spend up to 8 hours standing and walking
- Work flexible days and hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Lift up to 40 pounds
Must be 18 years old to apply.