Dogtopia of Madison West, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services has an immediate opening for an energetic, organized, and customer service minded individual that will the first point of contact for our center as a Front Desk Coordinator.
Day to day duties
- Data entry; maintain pet parent information and dog files
- Answer phone calls, emails, and questions from pet parents
- Make copies, receive and send faxes as well as monitor confidential information that may be received through phone calls, faxes or in person
- Be knowledgeable on pricing and services
- Record accurately healthy and behavioral notes in pet files and communicate those with customers in a professional manner
- Become proficient in POS software (training to be provided)
- Schedule spa services, daycare reservations, and boarding stays
- Check dogs in and out of daycare and boarding including confirming pick up time, spa services, promotional purchases, emergency contacts, feeding instructions, medication, and belongings
- Note which dogs owe for the day or services, collect on balances, and grow revenue
- Conduct evening closing procedures including transaction totals and balancing the cash drawer
- Maintain front desk supplies and inventory
- Communicate with Leadership & team regarding pet parent and business concerns
- Support your team with day to day responsibilities, as needed, including but not limited to performing tours, assisting staff in taking dogs to the appropriate playroom and assisting with difficult spa services
Customer service & Presentation
- Maintain a neat and organized Front Desk and lobby at all times
- Greet all customers promptly and warmly
- Utilize the 3 S’s (smile, story, and satisfaction) and hold yourself accountable to customer service standards
- Monitor webcam footage and report concerns to the Shift Leader to ensure customer satisfaction
- Strive for high customer review ratings
Monday-Friday: 6:45 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.; 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:45 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.; 30 min lunch break
Sunday: 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Training Period & Compensation
No previous experience working with dogs is necessary. We offer extensive training in dog body language and behavior. We believe in continuing education and following researched based methods, meaning you never stop learning at Dogtopia. This position has a 60 day probationary training period which includes an orientation to the business as a whole, regular check-ins with Leadership, a structured educational program, and experiential, hands-on learning with our professional staff. Training for this position will include training in large group, open-play canine management; however, the day to day responsibilities of this role will not include playroom management. Understanding of the playroom policies and procedures is important to the customer service role of this position.
Probationary pay is $9.50/hr. Following completion of training, pay increases to $10.00/hr.