Dogtopia is the leading dog daycare provider with more than 200 locations operating in the USA and Canada. The Dogtopia brand has wellness at our core and our commitment to our customers and their pets is spreading across the nation with over 250 stores in the pipeline. We are proud of the high-quality daycare services we provide and are excited about the growth and potential of Dogtopia.
Dogtopia of Long Island City is searching for a key role – a Pet Parent Business Development Lead. This role will be responsible for growing the # of dogs in daycare through a multi-channel lead strategy. Ensuring retention and visit frequency are also critical as the Business Development Lead will engage Pet Parents and gain their commitment to give their dog the “Most exciting day ever!”. This role will be responsible for our Long Island City and Myrtle Ave locations with potential for growth.
- Drive multiple lead generation efforts to gain commitment from pet parents to enroll their dogs in daycare.
- Fully understand the daycare and boarding model as well as effectively explain the benefits of our services to increase the # of dogs at daycare.
- Clearly communicate the value of Dogtopia, our pricing and our competitive advantage, as well as demonstrate confident objection handling.
- Engage with pet parents throughout the process including their face-to-face interaction at the store with their dog through a closed sale.
- Ensure frequency and retention of customers through effective customer management strategies.
- Attend and be involved in community events, build relationships with local offices, businesses, schools, etc.
- Manage the communications between prospective leads and the Center.
- Manage our social media campaigns on Instagram and FB, adding additional platforms as needed.
- Complete and enter completed Pet Parent registration forms ensuring completeness.
- Create, plan, and engage in events to generate awareness and increase customer base lists.
- Utilize key prospect, customer and employee listening posts to continually innovate the Dogtopia experience from initial lead management through retention.
- Execute and manage the brand advocate strategy so that Dogtopia pet parents refer you and Dogtopia to friends and family.
- Drive customer and revenue success outcomes by partnering with Marketing and Operations teams to increase leads, lead conversion, address barriers to entry, drive retention, and increase visit frequency.
- Leads by example to enable a positive team-oriented culture.
You are responsible to work with pet parents and team members to ensure our customer experience sets the highest standards and satisfaction, while growing D.I.D – Dog in Daycare!
- Develop a marketing plan to target likely customers within the region
- Build relationships with local establishments to accelerate engagement with the community
- Research, plan, attend, and execute various local events to promote our services and gather leads.
- Get in on the ground floor with a fun, high energy, and fast growing multi-unit franchisee group
- Hands on ownership group has experience across many business sectors/functions and will be happy to mentor and advise all team members throughout their career development
- Snacks and beverages throughout the day
- Quarterly events on and off-site for all staff
- Extensive training provided by Dogtopia to well prepare our staff for their roles
- Periodic contests and prizes throughout the year metrics
- Ability to work cohesively with others in a fun, fast paced environment
- Able to work within a structure, but to think and act flexibly when needed
- Proactive- results focused, self-started, anticipator – just do it!
- Must love dogs
High Level Measures of Success:
- % of new leads converted – a new customer onboarded
- Retention of existing customers
- Store and Business Development Manager customer review ratings
- Help coach the team on our Dogtopia-isms
Compensation will start at $15/Hr. plus sales/performance based bonus.
The rules by which we, as Dogtopians live by are:
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog.
We STAY loyal to our pack.
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety.
We PLAY to our fullest potential.
We TREAT every day like It’s the Most Exciting Day Ever
- Sales and Customer service experience preferred
- Highly motivated and target driven
- High energy, emotionally intelligent, engaging and inspiring
- Highly organized self-starter – able to prioritize work effectively
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Ability to build rapport with prospects and customers through active listening to drive sales