Dog training is the best way to ensure your dog is a happy, safe, well-mannered member of your family – it’s no wonder we’re offering it at Dogtopia! Our Utica location, in collaboration with our other Michigan locations, is unveiling dog training with our own Dogtopia team member Lynn Lico. Lynn’s career began in obedience training, and over the years she has worked in many different capacities with dog, including veterinary as well as in a management role at Dogtopia. She says “I love working with dogs as well as pet parents. There’s nothing quite as rewarding as showing them both how to communicate properly, and seeing the look of pride they get when the training shows results.” Lynn will customize the training based on the dog and the needs, and she will provide guidelines for reinforcement when pups are away from Dogtopia.
Why You’ll Love Our Dog Training
1) Trained dogs are better family members, period. Being frustrated by your dogs behaviors isn’t conducive to a lifelong relationship, and pet parents shouldn’t accept bad behavior as the norm. Young or old, dogs can be trained to be great!
2) You’ll learn how to communicate effectively to your dog. We keep it simple and straightforward, and that keeps it easy for you to reinforce.
3) Safety is a top priority for pet parents, and a trained dog listens better- avoiding potential danger and preventing poor behavior from escalating to unacceptable levels.
4) Dog training deepens the relationship you have with your dog due to improved communication.
5) There’s nothing quite as rewarding as being able to walk your dog wherever they’re allowed with no concerns about bad behavior.
Plus, it’s fun! Dog training is made easy at Dogtopia because we are able to include it in our normal day of doggy daycare. Your dog will love the benefit of play and exercise, and you’ll love the improvement to their manners from the personalized training we provide. Dogtopia of Utica is currently offering two programs, seen below:
Play + Train (Daycare Playgroup + Training Lessons):
- Outside + inside playgroup romping and relief + breakfast and lunch service
- 30 minutes personalized private training lessons
- Email lesson summary & recommendations
Play + Train + Stay (Daycare Playgroup + Training Lessons + Overnight stay)
- Outside playgroup romping and relief
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- 1 hour personalized private training lessons
- All daycare playgroup and socialization
- Email lesson summary and recommendations
- Tuck in and cuddle time
- Savings: discount from buying training and daycare in package deals
The second option allows your dog to stay for overnight dog boarding, which gives us extra time to provide training and improves consistency through reinforcement. This is by far the best program for busy pet parents or someone who wants to see amazing results, quick. If you’re going out of town and need to board your dog, it’s a seamless way of getting in training time without having to commit to driving to a training class every week like you would with big box pet supply stores.
Want to learn more? Contact us, and we’ll answer any questions you have. We can’t wait to meet you and your pup!