365 Days of Dogtopia
NO DONATION OR PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up at https://www.dogtopia.com/calendar or https://www.dogtopia.com/calendar/canada and who are a minimum of 18 years old as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Dogtopia Enterprises and The Dogtopia Foundation (the “Company” or “Sponsor”), and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on June 15, 2021 at 12:00PM EDT and ending July 30, 2021 at 11:59PM EDT. All entries must be received no later than the ending time.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at: www.dogtopia.com/calendar or www.dogtopia.com/calendar/canada. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter only once per dog. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: A minimum of twelve (12) winners will be selected based on the voting results from panel of judges. Vote counts are under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winner will be notified by electronic mail within fourteen (14) days following selection of Winner. The Sponsor has a right to use the Winner entry for the stated purpose of the 2022 calendar at any time after the selections have been made without further approval from You. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Prizes: The Winners of the Contest (the “Winners”) will have their dog’s photo placed in the Dogs of Dogtopia 2022 calendar. Such placement and use in the calendar are within the sole discretion of the Sponsor and the Sponsor reserves the right to exclude a selected Winner for any reason whatsoever before or after the announcement of the Winners. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Sponsor to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of the calendar, other advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Terms & Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, lack of entrants, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Rights Granted: By entering this content in accordance with the instructions (e.g. photos, etc.), You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, create derivative works and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, dog’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. You consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe Your rights in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on a Sponsor’s website does not indicate Your entry will be selected as a winner. Sponsor will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Sponsor may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure; theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to Contest entries or entry forms; or alteration of entries or entry forms. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems with or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, human errors of any kind, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Your or any other persons’ computers related to or resulting from participation, uploading or downloading of any materials related to in this Contest.
10. Disputes: As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Arizona having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF ARIZONA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES.
12. Releases: If the entry contains any material, images or elements that are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is solely responsible for obtaining any and all releases and consents for proof of entrants right to use such in the manner set forth in these Official Rules without additional compensation. Any entry will be disqualified from the Contest if such rights to use are not permitted by the third-party owner. Upon Sponsor’s request, each entrant must be prepared to provide (within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of Sponsor’s request) a signed written license from the owner of any content included in the entry, authorizing the Sponsor to reproduce, distribute, display, and create derivative works of the entry in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known. All releases must be in the form provided by Sponsor. Failure to provide such releases upon request may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. For the purposes of these Official Rules, the Contestant will be deemed to be in receipt of Sponsor’s request or notification, (a) in the event that Sponsor sends the request by postal mail, five business days after the request was sent by Sponsor, or (b) in the event that Sponsor sends the request by email, on the day that the email was sent by Sponsor.
13. Right to Cancel or Suspend: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs, and will refund any donation requested by You.
14. Donations: Any donations received are optional and will not be used to determine the Winners. A donation does not increase your chances of winning. The judges will not have access to information about donation participation or amounts. Any donation received along with all proceeds from the sale of the 2022 calendar will be remitted to the non-profit Dogtopia Foundation.