Do you LOVE dogs? Do you want to bring your dog to work?
Dogtopia of Greenwood is excited to welcome new members to our team as we near our opening date in December! If you love dogs and have been looking for an opportunity to develop your knowledge on dog behavior while also working in a positive work culture, then Dogtopia is meant for you! Join us through our grand opening and be apart of the strongest industry leading franchise of dog daycare today.
As Dogtopians we pride ourselves on our Dogtopia Values. We call these our Dogtopia-isms!
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog.
We STAY loyal to our pack.
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety.
We PLAY to our fullest potential.
We TREAT every day like It’s the Most Exciting Day Ever!
Dogtopia of Greenwood is a family owned and operated franchise. We are looking for energetic, organized and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as Canine Coaches. This is a key role within our business. This role is key in providing safe play activities between dogs, recognizing social behaviors to reinforce positive play, and a willingness to learn and grow. This person will also be organized and passionate about animal behavior.
We work hard to deliver top customer service and ensure a great environment for the dogs in our care. We provide extensive training and ample opportunities for personal and professional development to help you feel confident in the playroom. Applicants should LOVE dogs – and upon successful completion of training can even bring their dog to work with them! All positions require interacting with and being comfortable around dogs.
What we expect:
- Maintain control of a large group of open play dogs
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and redirect escalated play
- Address behavioral issues immediately without the use of force or physical punishment
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs
- Educate the dogs by teaching them to follow basic commands such as sit, down, stay, etc., that will be a benefit inside and outside the playroom
- Attend to any dogs with special needs
- Keep playroom clean of messes at all times
- Daily and weekly cleaning assignments to maintain a clean, safe environment
- Follow proper cleaning procedures and use of chemicals to ensure a safe environment for both people and dogs
Health and Grooming
- Ability to bathe any size dog without direct supervision
- Ability to clip, or use a Dremel, to trim dog toenails with the assistance of another team member
- Ability to understand and follow the feeding, medication and allergy lists, without exception, and to ensure that all health standards are met
Teamwork and Initiatives
- Able to work with all team members in a respectful and professional manner
- Effectively communicates in both an oral and written fashion
- Communicates relevant information daily via the activity log
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, no exceptions
- Owns development as a personal responsibility and uses mistakes or challenges as an opportunity to grow to a higher standard of performance
- Must LOVE dogs!
- Ability to work varied schedules including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Physical Job Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, stoop, squat frequently
- Position requires standing and walking throughout shift
- Work environment could be noisy or loud at times
- Fun, and enthusiastic work environment
- Flexible hours
- Bring your dog to work!
- Family owned and operated business.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee discount
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability