We need a few fun, energetic, dependable dog loving people to start working with us ASAP. You’ll be part of something exciting and new as we continue to build our business at 8th Ave South and also continue to grow our Hickory Plaza location. Ideally, we would like someone who can be flexible between the two locations.
Please do not apply if you have a work history of frequent call offs or tardiness.
And the best part… you get to bring your dog to work! That’s right! Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services has openings for fun, team oriented and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as a Canine Coach. This is a key role within our business as we work hard to deliver only the best quality care to our pups while ensuring a fun, clean, safe environment for both the employees and all of the pups in our care.
In order to apply for this job, you must:
1. Love dogs. I mean REALLY love dogs
2. Be dependable. (Like be on time and don’t call off)
3. Not be afraid to clean and have fun!
This job may be right for you if:
- You are working on an animal-related degree (not required, but helpful)
- You love dogs, and you want to help them have fun in a safe, clean environment, get great exercise, and improve their behavior.
- You’ve worked with dogs and know that safety and happiness should always be top priority.
This job may NOT be right for you if:
- You think you will just be “playing” with dogs all day
- You have a tendency to be late
- You’re afraid of dogs and/or dog poop
- You can’t “go with the flow” and require definitive structure
What we expect from Canine Coaches :
- Have fun with dogs on and off camera!
- Maintain safety and control with groups of open play dogs – ability to project a calm, caring energy.
- Be continuously on your feet, showing attention and care while maintaining pack leader status.
- Provide spa services – baths, ears, nails, brush outs.
- Care for all our clients’ pets as if they were a part of your family.
- Continuous learning, improving your knowledge and skills daily, and sharing knowledge with teammates.
- Professionalism – Be on time, follow dress code, ensure safety protocols are met.
- The willingness to keep our facility sparkling clean!
What we offer: Let’s look at what Dogtopia does for you!
- It’s always bring your dog to work day!
- Education in basic dog obedience and spa services
- Fun, dynamic team culture
- Career progression opportunities
- Flexibility in scheduling
- Supportive management
You must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- Able to interact in a positive way with all sizes and types of dog (if you are afraid of ANY breed, this is not the place for you)
- Ready to take on heavy cleaning (e.g. sweeping, mopping, trash, refilling water, etc.).
- Able to work days, evenings, weekends and Holidays (Ideal candidates will be available 6:00am-2:00 pm or 1:30 pm- 10:00 pm). Other options can exist.
Hours: Anywhere from 16-40.
Full-time with OT options almost always exists!
Salary: $10 – 11 /hour (experienced coaches have the potential to quickly increase pay)
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
90% of your interactions will be based with dogs only.