Playroom Attendant/Canine Coach
Bring your dog to work? That’s right! Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding and spa services has an immediate opening for an energetic, organized, individual to be the star of our playroom as a Canine Coach. Extensive training is provided for this part-time position.
As the Canine Coach you are responsible to work closely with our furry friends in creating a safe and fun environment while still setting the highest standards and satisfaction for our Customers.
Bring your dog to work!
Starting Rate: $10.50 hr
- Consistent and timely attendance
- Ability to learn dog recognition
- Completion of all E-learning platforms
- Meal recording
- Proper door control in all rooms
- Ability to help in Grooming tasks
- Safety is always number 1!
- Must love dogs
- Ability to spend up to 100% of work time standing
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work flexible days and hours, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to work cohesively with others in a fun, fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to “own” a room of dogs. Be the Leader of the Pack.
- Detail oriented
- Quick Thinker
- Emotionally Intelligent
- Outgoing, enthusiastic by nature
- Strong observance skills
- Strong multitasker
- Excellent communicator
Have Fun On Camera:
- Maintain control of large groups of dogs
- All rooms are equipped with cameras for Pet Parents to stay engaged
- Caring for all furry friends as if they were a part of your family
- Keep data accurate with current dogs
- Engage, Play and Enjoy the furry friends!
- Understand and behave in line with our Dogtopia-isms:
The Rules by which we, as DOGTOPIANS live by are:
- We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog
- We STAY loyal to our pack
- We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety
- We PLAY to our fullest potential
- We TREAT every day like It’s the Most Exciting Day Ever!
Health and Grooming:
- Efficient in grooming tasks such as baths and nails
- Will learn how to identify dog breeds and behaviors
- Report dog scuffles right when they occur for safe wound cleaning, if needed
- Work with team to assure our Quality of Care sets the standards for dog care
Clean and Safe Environment:
- To ensure our furry friends are always in a safe and clean environment we take pride in working as a team to get all the nitty gritty complete
- Maintain and update cleaning schedule, along with holding themselves and team accountable to the Dogtopia’s safety and cleaning standards
- Inventory management of cleaning, dog and first aid supplies
- Dismisses dogs proactively with ongoing behavior issues and monitors action plans to retain those with minor issues.