As dog owners, we often find ourselves juggling numerous responsibilities all while ensuring our beloved furry friends receive the care and attention they deserve. Many solutions include dog parks, training, and separate types of enrichment like food puzzles. A solution that has gained popularity in recent years is doggie daycare. At Dogtopia of Boise Greenbelt, doggy daycare is the focal point of the business. We offer a safe and stimulating environment for dogs of all sizes and temperaments.
Here are the five benefits of doggie daycare and why Dogtopia IS AN excellent choice for the modern pet parent:
- Safe Socialization – Dogs are social creatures by nature and thrive in environments where they can interact with other pups and humans. The hard part is taking the time to socialize with your dog and doing it in a safe manner. Taking your dog to a dog park isn’t always the safest option due to it not being a controlled environment. A daycare like Dogtopia Boise-Greenbelt however, has set up their facility to make sure the safety of your dog is ensured. All the dogs at Dogtopia of Boise-Greenbelt are put into their respective playrooms by size and temperament. Resulting in your dog getting the correct socialization around dogs like them. Additionally, pups are not left in the rooms by themselves. They are left with our Caine Coaches. All our Caine coaches are required to have 100 hours of training before putting in a room by themself with your dog(s). With the guided experience your dog will get from a doggy daycare, they can socialize in a safe environment and do it all at the same time you are at work.
- Physical and Mental Stimulation – Being away for 8 hours a day and leaving your pup at home can be damaging to both their physical and mental health. Although our pets can adapt to living in a slower paced environment, dogs thrive in active environments way better. Dogtopia of Boise-Greenbelt recommends three doggie daycare sessions each week for most dogs. Some smaller breeds may only need one or two sessions each week, but some dogs such as a six-month old golden retriever could come up to five times each week. Regular physical and mental stimulation can help prevent destructive behaviors at home, as well. When you’re at work for 8 hours a day, your furry friend may become bored and get into something they are not supposed to. This often leads to your dog getting into things that can send them to the vet or hurt them. Daycare can support a dog’s physical health like managing their weight, preventing poor digestion, and mobility issues. A fun day of daycare can help get your overweight dog in the direction they may need to become healthy again. This also may lead to better dexterity and mobility in your dog’s everyday life. Due to high exercise levels, it can help a lot with digestion as well as overeating at home.
- Professional Supervision and Care – The majority of people don’t know how to properly train a dog, and that’s ok! You may know a lot of training 101 but have never had a breed like an Australian Shepherd where you could need some help with training. Doggie daycare provides your dog with the opportunity to be with a trained expert and work on specific goals. They can quickly intervene in case of any signs of stress, illness, or potential conflicts, preventing any harm to your companion. Dogtopia of Boise-Greenbelt even offers a six-week basic level obedience class if you feel like your pup needs more attention. The safety of your dog is always a number one priority at Dogtopia of Boise-Greenbelt. Instead of leaving your dog at home for them to possibly get into something, you have the peace of mind that they are safe.
- Alleviates Separation Anxiety – Only just a couple of years ago we were all forced to stay home and a lot of us saw the opportunity to get a new puppy or dog. Fast forward to now, a lot of us have gone back to in-person work and can’t stay home to watch our dogs. A common occurrence has become that a lot of dogs have developed separation anxiety. If you own a dog that suffers from any sort of separation anxiety, then you know how difficult it is to deal with it. They may spend their day barking, crying, howling, chewing, licking, and even more.Doggy day care is an amazing fix for solving a lot of what separation anxiety can result to. Your dog can play and socialize while they can get all their exercise out and stimulate their minds. Your anxiety as a pet parent goes down as well due to the peace of mind that they are somewhere other than destroying your new couch pillows. Even if you work from home, it is still always a great option to bring your furry companion into daycare. You can focus on your work schedule without being worried about what is going on in the next room.
- Convenience and Flexibility – In today’s fast-paced world, finding the time to cater to our pet’s needs can be challenging. Doggy day care provides pet parents with a convenient and flexible solution. Most doggy day cares open very early and close late to give people with inconsistent work schedules time to pick up and drop off. Flexibility allows you to focus on your responsibilities while ensuring your furry friend receives the attention, care, and exercise they require. Some daycares like Dogtopia offer boarding as well so if you ever find yourself going out of town, your dog can get in a luxurious vacation as well. We offer extra services like training and spa. You can drop your dog off and in one day you got everything you need to get done at work and your pup is tired, trained, and clean.
What YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR DOG:
Doggie daycare has emerged as a valuable resource for pet parents, offering a list of benefits for both dogs and their owners. From socialization opportunities, exercise, professional supervision, alleviation of separation anxiety, and conveniency, these facilities provide a safe and stimulating environment where our furry friend can thrive. By considering doggie daycare as an option, you can provide your pet with the attention and care they deserve while you can complete other responsibilities with a sense of peace.
Looking to get your dog started? Schedule a Meet & Greet with us today!