Bring your dog to work? That’s right!
Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare has an opening for an energetic team player to be the star of our playroom as a Canine Coach. We are looking for dog lovers who are eager to learn about dog behavior and become experts in Playroom Management. We provide extensive training for this position.
- A dog lover (obviously!) – we care deeply about the dogs in our care and you will too.
- A team player – we have each other’s backs.
- A perfectionist – we are always looking to learn and improve.
- Brave – we see challenges as fun and are not afraid of failure.
- Prior experience working with dogs is preferred.
Supervise playrooms and educate dogs
- Proactively manage a large group of dogs in open-play to reinforce good behavior and keep them playing well. This is not just playing with dogs.
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and manage the energy level by redirecting dogs when necessary.
- Learn Dogtopia’s positive-reinforcement and redirection process for gently addressing undesirable behaviors.
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs.
- Care for all furry friends as if they were part of your family
Keep playroom safe & healthy
- Keep playroom clean at all times.
- Complete cleaning procedures to ensure the long-term cleanliness of the playroom.
- Follow proper protocols with pet-safe cleaning solutions.
Work in the Spa
- Bathe dogs of all sizes (some very large) using our state of the art Spa facility
- Trim nails, clean teeth, and clean ears
- Be around groups of playing dogs of all sizes
- Spend up to 8 hours standing and walking
- Work flexible days and hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Lift up to 40 pounds
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $13.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- United States (Required)