Basic Training: Road to A Better Canine Citizen
Training Program for dogs 12 Weeks to 1 Year Old
A dog’s first year is critical in developing their behavior and personality, that’s why positive reinforcement and ongoing safe socialization is needed early and throughout his adult life. Happy, healthy dogs need good direction and plenty of playtime in a safe setting for learning and growing with friends; and yes, you can teach an old dog new things.
The 6-week Basic Obedience Course for pet parents and their dogs given by Certified Trainer katy Schafer includes:
- SIT, DOWN, STAY
- LOOSE LEASH WALKING (LLW)
- DROP-IT/LEAVE IT/ WATCH ME
- All dogs must be 12 weeks to 1 year old
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated with Dogtopia of Arlington Heights requirements
- Per Social Distancing Guidelines: 4 Dogs per class
- Per Social Distancing Guidelines: Only ONE Pet Parent allowed
- Completion of all signed documents required prior to start of Orientation
- All dogs must be on a non-retractable leash no longer than 10′
- All dogs must have a collar or harness for positive reinforcement training (no prong or choke collars)
- Bring your dogs favorite small treats
Pricing / DATES – New DATES FOR AUGUST!
- Class 1: Tuesday August 24 – SOLD OUT
- Orientation/1st Class: 6:30 – 8:00 PM
- 2nd – 5th Class: 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- 6th Class/ Graduation: 6:30 – 7:30 PM
- Class 2: Saturday August 28 – 1 Spot Left!
- Orientation/1st Class: 8:30 – 10:00 AM
- 2nd – 5th Class: 9:00 – 10:00 AM
- 6th Class/ Graduation: 9:00 – 10:00 AM
- Price is $149 per 6 week class to be paid in full upon registration to secure placement in class
- $50 cancellation fee for any cancellation after initial booking ($99 will be refunded to card used for payment)
- No refunds after orientation and first full class dates
How to REgister:
- Fill out the enrollment form below
- A member of the Dogtopia team will contact you with classroom availability
- Registration will be confirmed via phone call and follow up email
- Full payment to be provided immediately to secure placement in class for your dog
This training is not designed for individuals looking to correct aggression or severe behavioral issues. If your dog is nervous around other dogs but not necessarily aggressive, you can attend class, or you can schedule a free 15-minute evaluation prior to orientation to determine if Dogtopia group training is the right fit for your dog. Your trainer may recommend private classes.
Enrollment does not guarantee a placement in class. Reservations are first come/first serve with full payment securing your dog’s placement in class.
Enrollment will be in either Class 1 or Class 2. Classes and days may not be changed once enrollment is complete.
More classes will be added based on demand.
ENROLL in Basic training
Arlington Height's Basic Training
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.