START EARNING TODAY! QUALIFIED CANDIDATES – INTERVIEWED AND HIRED SAME DAY!
Bring your dog to work? That’s right!
Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare has an opening for an energetic team player to be the star of our playroom as a Canine Coach. We are looking for dog lovers who are eager to learn about dog behavior and become experts in Playroom Management. We provide extensive training for this position.
Benefits include bringing your dog to work with you during the shifts that you work! Your pup benefits from socialization, basic commands and training from canine coaches, and they go home Dogtopiatired just for being an employee dog!
Benefits also include:
- Increase in hourly wage with completion of canine coach training (levels 2 and 3) within 90 days
- $25 Birthday Bonus
- Additional pay for working select holidays
- Employee referral program
- Quarterly bonus for customer service survey at 93% or higher
- Years of Service Bonuses for reaching annual milestones
Already have experience in dog daycare? PERFECT! Bring your experience and take on an early leadership role. All positions at Dogtopia typically begin as a Canine Coach and there will be many opportunities for high performers to take on extended roles within the organization.
- A dog lover (obviously!) – we care deeply about the dogs in our care and you will too.
- A team player – we have each other’s backs.
- A perfectionist – we are always looking to learn and improve.
- Brave – we see challenges as fun and are not afraid of failure.
- Honest – dishonesty of any kind is not tolerated in our culture.
- Willing and able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Supervise playrooms and educate dogs
- Have fun on camera! All playrooms are equipped with cameras for Pet Parents to stay engaged
- Proactively manage a large group of dogs in open-play to reinforce good behavior and keep them playing well. This is not just playing with dogs.
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and manage the energy level by redirecting dogs when necessary.
- Learn Dogtopia’s positive-reinforcement and redirection process for gently addressing undesirable behaviors.
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs.
Keep playroom safe & healthy
- Keep playroom clean at all times (yes, this does mean cleaning up poop).
- Complete cleaning procedures to ensure the long-term cleanliness of the playroom.
- Follow proper protocols with pet-safe cleaning solutions.
Work in the Spa
- Bathe dogs of all sizes (some very large) using our state of the art Spa facility
- Trim nails, clean teeth, and clean ears
- Be around groups of playing dogs of all sizes
- Spend up to 8 hours standing and walking
- Work flexible days and hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Lift up to 40 pounds
DOGTOPIA OF ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IS A TOP DOG FACILITY!
A TOP DOG FACILITY MEANS:
Certified Canine Coaches: Dogtopia’s Canine Coaches must complete a rigorous training. The custom curriculum has been approved for continuing education credits by the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) and the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
Proactive Management: Through the curriculum developed by Dogtopia’s Canine Behaviorist, our team is trained in dog body language and knows how to maintain a safe and comfortable playroom.
Extensive Evaluation Process: We perform a Meet & Greet with every dog that enters our facility. This is to ensure our dogs are playing with other healthy, vaccinated like-minded pups. It is through this process that we make sure all new dogs are a great addition to our open-play environment.
Dog-Safe Cleaning Products: Our cleaning protocol is in place to provide a clean, safe and odor-free environment for the dogs, our team and pet parents.
Join the best team ever for the most exciting day ever!
Must be 18 years old to apply.