START EARNING TODAY! QUALIFIED CANDIDATES – INTERVIEWED AND HIRED SAME DAY!
Bring your dog to work? That’s right!
Dogtopia, the industry leader in dog daycare has an opening for an energetic team player to be a leader as a Canine Coach – Shift Leader. We are looking for dog lovers who have experience with understanding dog behavior, hands on dog services, and leading the shifts to support operational excellence.
Benefits include bringing your dog to work with you during the shifts that you work! Your pup benefits from socialization, basic commands and training from canine coaches, and they go home Dogtopiatired just for being an employee dog!
Benefits also include:
- Increase in hourly wage with completion of canine coach trainings (Levels 2 and 3)
- $25 Birthday Bonus
- Additional pay for working select holidays
- Employee referral program
- Quarterly bonus for customer service survey at 93% or higher
- Years of Service Bonuses for reaching annual milestones
- A dog lover (obviously!) – we care deeply about the dogs in our care and you will too.
- A team player – we have each other’s backs.
- A perfectionist – we are always looking to learn and improve.
- Brave – we see challenges as fun and are not afraid of failure.
- Honest – dishonesty of any kind is not tolerated in our culture.
- Willing and able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Shift leaders must meet the following requirements, demonstrate symbolic leadership as well as outstanding customer service both internally and externally. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create effective daily room schedule
- Record accurately health and behavioral notes in daily activity log and communicate those with both shifts
- Ability to conduct meet & greet to accurately evaluate new dogs to ensure proper playroom placement
- Prepare lunches, feedings, medications and special needs lists based on parent’s requests
- Maintains confidentiality in Dogtopia practices and all aspects of the business
- Proficient in POS software (training to be provided) to ensure database accuracy, tracking, and payments
- Following all daycare processes and procedures and ensuring all team members are following daycare processes and procedures
- Following all boarding processes and procedures and ensuring all team members are following all boarding processes and procedures
- Key holder responsibilities to open Daycare and conduct evening closing procedures
- Greets all customers promptly and welcoming
- Utilize the 3 S system consistently with customers SMILE, STORY, SATISFACTION to set the example for the team
- Effectively communicates health and behavior concerns with customers in a professional manner
- Front desk duties including but not limited too answering phone calls, ability to answer questions about services, set up appointments, communicate immediately when needed to management or customers
- Actively communicates team developmental needs and issues with General Manager and the entire management team regularly to ensure growth
- Proven ability to offer verbal and written feedback to team members to hold accountability to standards
- Perform Canine Coach or Rover responsibilities at any given time
- Supervise playrooms and educate dogs
- Have fun on camera! All playrooms are equipped with cameras for Pet Parents to stay engaged
- Proactively manage a large group of dogs in open-play to reinforce good behavior and keep them playing well. This is not just playing with dogs.
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and manage the energy level by redirecting dogs when necessary
- Learn Dogtopia’s positive-reinforcement and redirection process for gently addressing undesirable behaviors
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs
Keep playroom safe & healthy
- Keep playroom clean at all times (yes, this does mean cleaning up poop).
- Complete cleaning procedures to ensure the long-term cleanliness of the playroom.
- Follow proper protocols with pet-safe cleaning solutions.
Work in the Spa
- Bathe dogs of all sizes (some very large) using our state of the art Spa facility
- Trim nails, clean teeth, and clean ears
- Be around groups of playing dogs of all sizes
- Spend up to 8 hours standing and walking
- Work flexible days and hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Lift up to 40 pounds
DOGTOPIA OF ARLINGTON HEIGHTS IS A TOP DOG FACILITY!
A TOP DOG FACILITY MEANS:
Certified Canine Coaches: Dogtopia’s Canine Coaches must complete a rigorous training. The custom curriculum has been approved for continuing education credits by the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) and the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
Proactive Management: Through the curriculum developed by Dogtopia’s Canine Behaviorist, our team is trained in dog body language and knows how to maintain a safe and comfortable playroom.
Extensive Evaluation Process: We perform a Meet & Greet with every dog that enters our facility. This is to ensure our dogs are playing with other healthy, vaccinated like-minded pups. It is through this process that we make sure all new dogs are a great addition to our open-play environment.
Dog-Safe Cleaning Products: Our cleaning protocol is in place to provide a clean, safe and odor-free environment for the dogs, our team and pet parents.
Join the best team ever for the most exciting day ever!
Must be 18 years old to apply.