New to Dogtopia?schedule a Meet & Greet
What is a Meet & Greet and why do I need one?
While we love all breeds and personalities, not every dog is suited for an off-leash, open-play environment. We take our doggie guests’ safety very seriously, so each Meet & Greet consists of 20-30 minutes with our trained evaluator to ensure that your pup is a good fit for daycare. It will include a health history overview, a nose-to-tail assessment, and an evaluation of their comfort level with other dogs in a controlled mini-play area. The process is very easy and ensures all dogs are comfortable at Dogtopia – we look forward to getting to know you and your furry family member better! Please note: All dogs must be at least 12 weeks of age AND current on required vaccinations (Rabies, DHLPP/DHPP and Bordetella). Dogs older than 7 months must be spayed or neutered.
- Up-to-date on vaccinations (including Rabies, DHPP, Canine Influenza and Bordetella) – don’t have your records? We can call your vet for you!
- Puppies must be at least 12 weeks old AND fully vaccinated.
- Vaccinations are to be given 7 days prior to puppies first attending Dogtopia and 48 hours prior for well-vaccinated adult dogs, to allow time for your pup’s immune system to build a response to the vaccinations.
- Dogs 7 months and older must be spayed/neutered
*Newly adopted adult dogs should be in their new home for at least 30 days to get comfortable in their new surroundings
*Dogtopia Cedar Mill requires all new overnight boarding pups complete 3 non-consecutive days of daycare prior to their first overnight stay with us to ensure their comfort during the stay and meet all their new human and furry friends ahead of time.
MEET & GREET
GETTING READY FOR THE MEET & GREET:
Once your Meet & Greet appointment is set and confirmed by our team, you will receive an email to log-in to your online dashboard and begin the registration process. This is where we get to know more about you and your dog, vaccinations can be uploaded by you or our team and you can review and digitally sign our Pet Parent Agreement. Then you’re ready!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
On Meet & Greet day, you will bring your dog(s) to the facility and it is very important to bring the dog on a leash or slip lead with a collar/harness when you enter the lobby. The evaluation process with your dog takes 20-30 minutes with our trained evaluator. During this time, we would love to show you around, address your questions and you can even watch the playroom cameras from our lobby!
- Wellness check
- Response to staff touch/interaction
- Comfort level in a crate – Crates are used for rest, naptime, boarding, feedings and administering medication when applicable
- Reaction in “open-play” setting with other dogs of varying size, breed, and temperament
- Overall observations
The process is very easy and there is nothing to be nervous about at Dogtopia – we just want to get to know your pup better!
Have additional questions? Please visit our FAQ page.
WHERE DOGS ARE A REALLY BIG DEAL
Because dogs are a really big deal to us, Meet & Greet day at Dogtopia is fun for the whole family – consider it an introduction to our open-play environment perfectly suited for your pup’s fitness and social life. In fact, don’t be surprised if your furry child meets his or her BFFF (best furry friend forever) while you’re here!