Do you LOVE dogs? Want to bring your dog to work? Dogtopia is the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services. Dogtopia of Paradise Valley Village is a family owned and operated business and we are looking for energetic, organized and enthusiastic individuals to join our team as Canine Coaches. This is a key role within our business and we work hard to deliver top customer service and ensure a great environment for the dogs in our care. All positions at Dogtopia start as a Canine Coach. We provide extensive training and ample opportunities for personal and professional development. Applicants should LOVE dogs – and upon successful completion of training can even bring their dog to work with them! All positions require interacting with and being comfortable around dogs.
What we expect:
- Maintain control of a large group of open play dogs
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and redirect escalated play
- Address behavioral issues immediately without the use of force or physical punishment
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs
- Educate the dogs by teaching them to follow basic commands such as sit, down, stay, etc., that will be a benefit inside and outside the playroom
- Attend to any dogs with special needs
- Keep playroom clean of messes at all times
- Daily and weekly cleaning assignments to maintain a clean, safe environment
- Follow proper cleaning procedures and use of chemicals to ensure a safe environment for both people and dogs
Health and Grooming
- Ability to bathe any size dog without direct supervision
- Ability to clip, or use a Dremel, to trim dog toenails with the assistance of another team member
- Ability to understand and follow the feeding, medication and allergy lists, without exception, and to ensure that all health standards are met
Teamwork and Initiatives
- Able to work with all team members in a respectful and professional manner
- Effectively communicates in both an oral and written fashion
- Communicates relevant information daily via the activity log
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, no exceptions
- Owns development as a personal responsibility and uses mistakes or challenges as an opportunity to grow to a higher standard of performance
- Must LOVE dogs!
- Ability to work varied schedules including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Physical Job Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, stoop, squat frequently
- Position requires standing and walking throughout shift
- Work environment could be noisy or loud at times
- Fun, and enthusiastic work environment
- Flexible hours.
- Bring your dog to work!
- Family owned and operated business.
Must be 18 years old.*