Dogtopia Grooming Position
Dogtopia of South Coast is an upscale Dog Daycare, Boarding and Spa. We are looking for an experienced groomer with a great attitude to lead our grooming department. The position will start at 2-3 days per week.
Are you an artistic, organized, and self-motivated all breed stylist? Our growing dog services business is looking for you! Our business is based on customer service and our clients expect and deserve the best. This is a split commission only position and the employee will be on a W-2 not 1099. Each stylist is expected to meet with each client for a professional consultation regarding the groom. Our front desk team manages appointment books and does reminder calls to clients to maximize consistency in grooms per day.
Minimum of 4 years experience needed in all breed, all sizes, dog grooming
Photos of previous grooms showing various breeds and styles will be requested for review
Must be detail oriented, organized, self-motivated
Strong customer service skills a must. Must be able to effectively communicate both orally and written
Positive attitude and demeanor
Ability to work on Saturdays if needed.
All inquiries kept confidential
JOIN THE FUN!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
- grooming: 4 years (Preferred)
- Professionally perform grooming services including brushing, bathing. ear and teeth cleaning, anal gland expression and clipping/buffing of the nails. Follow owners’ instructions and or breed profiles when clipping or trimming an animals coat. Ensure the safety and well-being of animals.
- Utilize grooming equipment and tools including clippers and shears.
- Interest in animal welfare.
- Move animals and merchandise up to 50 pounds.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication.
- Direct contact with guests with social distancing procedures
- Lifting up to 50 pounds (as necessary)
- Standing for long periods of time
- Work environment can be noisy and wet
- One location
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Monday to Friday
- Holidays required
- Day shift