Bring your dog to work? That’s right!
Dogtopia is the industry leader in dog daycare and we have an immediate opening for an energetic team player to be the star of our playroom as a Canine Coach. We are looking for dog lovers who are eager to learn about dog behavior and become experts in Playroom Management. We provide extensive training for this position.
All positions at Dogtopia, from the Front Desk to the General Manager, begin as a Canine Coach.
- A dog lover (obviously!) – we care deeply about the dogs in our care and you will too.
- A team player – we have each other’s backs.
- A perfectionist – we are always looking to learn and improve.
- Brave – we see challenges as fun and are not afraid of failure.
- Honest – dishonesty of any kind is not tolerated in our culture.
Supervise playrooms and educate dogs
- Proactively manage a large group of dogs in open-play to reinforce good behavior and keep them playing well. This is not just playing with dogs.
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and manage the energy level by redirecting dogs when necessary.
- Learn Dogtopia’s positive-reinforcement and redirection process for gently addressing undesirable behaviors.
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs.
Keep playroom safe & healthy
- Keep playroom clean at all times (yes, this does mean cleaning up poop).
- Complete cleaning procedures to ensure the long-term cleanliness of the playroom.
- Follow proper protocols with pet-safe cleaning solutions.
Work in the Spa
- Bathe dogs of all sizes (some very large) using our state of the art Spa facility
- Trim nails, clean teeth, and clean ears
- Be around groups of playing dogs of all sizes
- Spend up to 8 hours standing and walking
- Work flexible days and hours, including evenings, holidays and weekends
- Lift up to 40 pounds
Must be 18 years old to apply.