The industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services has immediate part-time openings for Canine Coaches for our Tampa, Florida location in West Chase.
We are looking for team members that can meet the following requirements while consistently providing the highest level of care, love and fun for our furry friends. Must LOVE dogs…and upon successful completion of training, you can even bring YOUR dog to work with you. What a bonus!
- Maintain control of a large group of open play dogs
- Continuously walk the room to reward positive behaviors and re-direct escalated play
- Address behavioral issues immediately without the use of force or physical punishment
- Engage in stimulating, fun, educational activities and games with the dogs.
- Educate the dogs by teaching them to follow basic commands such as sit, down, stay, etc., that will be a benefit inside and outside the playroom
- Attend to any dogs with special needs
- Keep playroom clean of messes at all times
- Daily and weekly cleaning assignments to maintain a clean, safe environment (opens in a new tab)
- Follow proper cleaning procedures and use of chemicals to ensure a safe environment for both people and dogs
Health and Grooming
- Ability to bathe any size dog without direct supervision
- Ability to clip, or use a Dremel, to trim dog toenails with the assistance of another team member
- Ability to understand and follow the feeding, medication and allergy lists, without exception, and to ensure that all health standards are met
Teamwork and Initiatives
- Ability to work with all team members in a respectful and professional manner
- Effectively communicates in both an oral and written fashion.
- Communicates relevant information daily via the activity log
- Maintains a positive attitude at all times, no exceptions
- Owns development as a personal responsibility and uses mistakes or challenges as an opportunity to grow to a higher standard of performance
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Ability to work varied schedules including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as a computer, phones, copiers, etc.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to stand, stoop, squat frequently
- Position requires standing and walking throughout shift
- Work environment could be noisy or loud at times