$200 if your dog is enrolled with Dogtopia
$300 if your dog is not enrolled with Dogtopia
- Sunday’s 2/26 and 3/5, from 6-8 PM at Dogtopia
Why this class may make sense for you:
- Dogs have needs for leadership, respect, exercise, love, and knowing their place in the pack. This class will help you understand the fundamentals of how to meet these needs….and the right order of meeting these needs.
- Taking your dog to daycare is a great plan to help with many of these elements. Dogtopia’s canine coaches will reinforce the expected behaviors that you set at home! The combination of dog daycare and your fundamental dog-behavior understanding will pave the way to an amazing experience for you and your furry family member.
What you can expect from the class:
- Edgar from The Champion Farm is our favorite dog behaviorist and trainer. His unique tools and techniques have been rated very highly by previous class participants. Several students have learned all they need from the class, and others have continued to work with Edgar outside of this class.
- Please come prepared with your list of questions about your dog’s behavior and what you’d like to change. You will be provided answers to those questions! If you don’t feel you have your questions answered, please let us know ASAP during class. That’s why we’re here!
What you need to do:
- E-Mail to [email protected] to let us know you’d like to attend, and send your latest vaccination records showing your pup is up to speed on Rabies, Bordetella, and Distemper/Parvo.
- While Edgar is providing answers to other individuals’ questions, please stay tuned in. You will often find insights into your own situation that you may not have expected. This is precisely why most people love the group setting for these sessions.
- Listen….practice….observe….feedback….improve….practice. The great thing about the class is we can learn from Edgar, and practice what we learn. But just as important we can observe each other and learn from each other. Often in these classes what’s intuitive to one person is non-intuitive to the next. So we help each other by giving feedback on observations. This is great, especially for family members who can help each other during practice after class.
- Continued practice between classes and after classes. When you are practicing with proper techniques you will see results – and what a great feeling! Practice is essential!
When you arrive:
- You will be provided a slip lead for your pup if you don’t already have one. This is a key tool to communicate with your pup the behavior you need him to do….and stop doing.
- We will all go into the Park playroom. It is common that your pup will initially be anxious in this setting. If so, we will give you drills to do with your pup to take his mind off the stress and burn some energy. These drills are super important – the reasons will be explained early in the training.
- Foundational topics will undoubtedly come up while answering your questions. We will discuss:
- Leadership behaviors your pup needs from you, how they perceive your leadership (or lack thereof), and how they perceive your state of mind.
- How your pup understands what you want from them, and how your pup understands what you want them to stop doing
- How controlling your pup’s body will enable you to improve your pups state of mind
- Understanding a dog’s needs in general…..and your pup’s needs in particular
- In the second week of class, we will address new questions that came up during your practice, and we will reinforce your knowledge and skills.
Tools and Techniques
- Slip leads to provide guidance for your pups
- Chalk/circles to help with visualizing the importance of spacing, and help with practice/drills
- Playroom toys to help with practice/drills
- Handling other people’s dogs to build your skills, as well as to observe and learn from others
We look forward to working with you and your pup on improving a wonderful relationship😊