Dog Tags: What Info Should They Include?
- 1. Your phone number
- 2. Your address
- 3. Whether the dog is microchipped, and if so the microchip company’s name and phone number
- 4. Rabies vaccination confirmation
- 5. Any medical issues
- 6. Medication requirements
- 7. Whether they get along with other dogs or not
- 8. Personalized message “Thanks for finding me…” or something similar. That little touch may help convince whoever finds your dog to make an effort to get them back to you.
DO NOT include your dog’s name. You don’t want whoever finds your dog to be able to establish any familiarity with them. You just want them to be as interested in returning your dog as soon as possible.