Dogtopia is a unique dog daycare business that opened its first location in Virginia in 2002. At that time, dog daycare was very much a new concept, and the Dogtopia approach—to create “indoor dog parks” and provide a daytime service for dog care along the lines of a children’s daycare—was extremely innovative. Since then, the idea of taking man’s best friend to doggie daycare has gained widespread popularity, as we now operate more than 230 locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Being early pioneers in the dog daycare industry means that we’ve had more than 20 years to refine and perfect our model. We also operate two stores ourselves as company-owned units, so we know how to make daycare a profitable business endeavor. The U.S. pet industry is predicted to reach $277 billion by 2030, and Dogtopia is the leading pet services franchise in the pet industry.
Validating Dogtopia’s significant growth, we were recently named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s esteemed Franchise 500® list. Dogtopia ranked at No. 56 as a result of our outstanding performance in areas including unit growth and financial performance along with strong franchisee support. In addition, Dogtopia was once again honored in the Top 50 Franchises by Franchise Business Review, based on rankings tabulated from independent surveys measuring franchisee satisfaction.
Dogtopia is the fastest-growing pet franchise in the U.S. We plan to open franchise locations across a variety of North American markets and grow to reach the 400-unit milestone by 2025. The demand for our brand, flexibility of our model, and the availability of prime territories is fueling our growth. There has never been a better time to join our franchise. You could be the first to bring Dogtopia to your community!
One of the prime benefits of teaming up with a rapidly growing brand like Dogtopia is the ability to cherry-pick prime markets to open a location that is perfect for you. You have the chance to open your own Dogtopia where you know people and have connections.
“As we grow Dogtopia across North America, there remains a lot of opportunities in many major markets—but that opportunity won’t last forever. Now is the time to join an experienced and dedicated team that surrounds you with support. At Dogtopia, you’ll be in business for yourself but not by yourself, and that is the real key to success.” – Neil Gill, CEO/President, Dogtopia
- Founded in 2002 and franchising since 2005, Dogtopia is the fastest-growing franchise in the pet industry
- Seasoned franchise leadership team and ownership with sustainable growth plans to reach 400+ stores by 2025
- More than 350 units sold and in development
- Modern branding and market positioning targeting female millennial pet parents
- 3 Flexible Models: Urban, Suburban, Industrial (3,000–12,000 sq. ft.)
- Support: 30 days of initial training, grand opening, and ongoing support
- Turnkey real estate, construction, and architectural services
- Top 10 Commitments to Safety including dog-friendly cleaning protocols
- Subject Matter Experts including a veterinarian, canine behaviorist, and environmental biologist
STRONG UNIT ECONOMICS CLASS
Dogtopia has very impressive unit economics, including dramatic year-over-year traffic and sales growth in one of the fastest-growing industries. The difference is incredibly engaged franchisees combined with an executive management team that has a winning track record and extensive experience with national brands. Our focus on unit success and refinement of our operational and marketing systems has positioned Dogtopia for dramatic growth in the coming years.
- Easy to run + easy to learn = franchisees can grow rapidly into multiple units
- Work-life balance = majority of business is Monday through Friday (limited nights & weekends)
- Financial strength of franchisor = 100% privately owned, no debt
- Recession-resistant, strong demand for our services
Momentum has largely been driven by the growing demand for professional pet care services and heightened by Dogtopia’s unparalleled franchise support, training, and franchise industry expertise. With 20 years of industry leading experience, Dogtopia is primed to capture even more market share as we continue to attract sophisticated and passionate franchisees. With plans to penetrate several new urban markets in 2022 and beyond, the company is continuing to target motivated franchise candidates looking to grab a piece of the booming pet industry.
We believe that it’s important to continually innovate in order to maintain top-level service for our customers and stay ahead of competitors. Our team is always looking to incorporate new technology, improve business processes, and elevate our brand presence.
WEBSITE & MOBILE APP
Our digital assets include a robust international website that:
- Incorporates best-in-class franchise/multi-location website thinking and functionality
- Maximizes the power of the Dogtopia digital network
- Utilizes an integrated web, social, and search strategy to generate new leads and create a digital competitive advantage for Dogtopia above others in the market
- Offers online appointment requests and additional functionalities launching all the time
Each new franchisee will have access to a complete website for their location, allowing them to:
- Increase opportunity to rank in local searches (e.g., dog daycare Highlands Ranch)
- Provide key local information that people search for (e.g., address, hours of operation, areas of specialty)
- Include local-specific terms and regional terminology and spelling, localized metadata, and store-specific products and services
We also have a custom-built proprietary mobile app on both Apple and Android, which allows our customers to easily book appointments, see their dogs on our webcams, and coordinate our concierge drop-off service.
We run a sophisticated local search program that provides our franchisees with the ability to out-rank their local competitors on Google. The focus of the program is to help our newly launched Dogtopia locations gain visibility in search results much faster than would normally be the case. Through this approach, we are able to generate a large number of leads and new sales for our new franchise locations very quickly.
When a new location opens, our Support Office creates a local Facebook page that is part of the Dogtopia Facebook locations framework, enabling a consistent brand look and feel. The local Facebook pages automatically receive high-quality creative, posts, offers, and incentives from the Support Office to keep their page active. At the same time, every franchisee has the ability to create their own posts to really showcase the personality of their local location. The Support Office will also provide creative and post ideas for franchisees who also wish to engage in local social media marketing on other social networking sites like Instagram and Twitter.
Dogtopia also offers an integrated advertising program that empowers franchisees to easily run paid localized Facebook, Instagram, and Google advertising with an easy-to-use interface that requires no previous digital advertising experience. Campaign imagery and copy are provided by the Support Office to make it as easy as possible for individual locations to deploy sophisticated campaigns in minutes. Franchisees are able to set their daily budgets and track and manage their store’s leads (both from form completions and phone calls), including call recordings.
DOGTOPIA @ WORK
The pet industry is booming with Americans spending more than $136.8 billion on their pets in 2022 alone. With 68% of American households owning a pet and 80% of pet parents saying they derive emotional support from their furry friends, Dogtopia provides the perfect balance of quality care while tapping into this industry. An on-campus Dogtopia daycare allows for employees to appreciate the joys of pet parenthood, minus any dog disruptions in the office. Dogtopia can also amplify the emotional engagement and loyalty of employees by permitting the company to provide dog daycare in the workplace.
Employees who are engaged and thriving are 63% less likely to look for a job with a different organization.
Including Dogtopia on your campus will:
- Enhance their dog’s social, emotional, and physical health
- Engage your employees with the pet parent community at your company
- Give your employees peace of mind and connection to the company