Meet and Greet
While we strongly believe that there is no such thing as a bad breed or a bad dog, not every dog is suited for our open play environment. We take our doggie guests’ safety very seriously, so each one must first complete a thorough meet and greet to ensure that they are a good fit for daycare.
The meet and greet is conducted on-site by one of our trained professionals and includes the following steps:
- It begins with an overview of paperwork, history and health with the dog parent
- Once complete, your pup joins our team member in an evaluation room to observe how they react when away from their parent
- During the evaluation, we conduct a snout to tail assessment to identify sensitivities in touch that your dog may have. If a dog is sensitive to touch in one area, this is not necessarily an issue, but it is important for their comfort that our team is aware of it
- We then bring a few additional dogs into the controlled mini play area one at a time to assess your pup’s comfort level. Our team member observes how they interact with the other dogs to assess their comfort with an open play environment
- Our team member will then share what they learned with the pet parent. If for some reason the dog is not yet ready for open play, we will recommend steps the parent can take to help address the observed concern(s). Any dog that is not yet comfortable is always welcome back once they are ready to join the playroom.
Who Can Stay With Us?
We do not turn away dogs based on breed. To ensure the safety of all our guests, we require all dogs staying with us for daycare or overnight boarding meet the following criteria:
- Dogs must first undergo a meet and greet with our Dogtopia team
- Dogs must be more than three months old
- Dogs must be spayed or neutered if more than seven months old
- Current on required vaccines: rabies, DHPP and Bordetella
- Free of any communicable diseases for 30 days
- Free of fleas and ticks
Reserve a spot for any of our services, or ask us any questions by filling out our contact form. You can also download our enrollment form here. For each additional pet, please download and fill out this form.