Dogtopia's Dog Daycare
At Dogtopia, we’re a unique breed. We love and care for your pup like they are our own. We realize that your dog is a furry member of your family and they deserve the highest level of quality care. Similar to a child’s daycare, we provide recurring daycare for your dog, providing safe socialization, education and exercise. We firmly believe that every dog deserves daycare! We will provide progress reports through report cards and conversations with you as a caring pet parent. Besides providing a safe environment for your pup, Dogtopia is known for treating your pup to their Most Exciting Day Ever!
For many pet parents, leaving their furry family member for the first time can be a stressful experience. Dogtopia’s professionally trained team goes the extra mile to calm both dogs and their parents. We’ll care for your pup as if they’re our own and treat them like the really big deal they are!
At our dog daycare facilities, we treat your pup to fun-filled days of safe socialization with other dogs, interactions with our caring team, exercise, and the opportunity to burn off plenty of their pent-up energy.
At Dogtopia, your dog’s safety and wellbeing is our first and foremost priority. That’s why we have a number of safety protocols in place such as full walls, certified Canine Coaches, pet-friendly cleaning supplies, floors made from compressed rubber to reduce the impact on the pads of dog’s feet, joints and hips, soundproofing throughout to keep nervous dogs at ease, separate HVACs to maintain fresh air circulation and a climate-controlled environment.
The benefits of
Wanting to be social is deeply instinctual for dogs; that’s why we integrate open play with others into their daily routine. Regular playtime with other dogs has numerous benefits, including:
- Being more comfortable around dogs and people
- Staying physically fit. Pet obesity is a growing concern; according to the Association for Pet Obesity Prevention, more than 50 percent of dogs are obese
- Learning positive behavior, leading to less doggie mischief at home
- Finding their BFFF (Best Furry Friend Forever)
With Dogtopia, your furry family member will learn how to be a well-balanced canine citizen. Each new dog gets a report card at the end of the day detailing their behavior, who they made friends with, and how well they interacted with the team and other dogs. We also provide our regular customers with frequent updates on their dog’s temperament, as well as advice on how to replicate their training at home.
We know structure is important for your dog’s development. Here’s a typical day at our doggie daycare:
- Opening – 12 p.m.: Safe, supervised open-play time which includes running, playing, sniffing and fun with their BFFFs (Best Furry Friends Forever)
- 12 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Well-deserved naptime. Each dog is provided some much-needed “me” time in a home-style crate so they don’t get over-stimulated in exciting environments like a playroom. During this time, we also provide lunches and/or administer medications when applicable. We also use this time to proactively clean each playroom before an afternoon of play! Our highly trained Canine Coaches will closely monitor your pup and may give them extra breaks throughout the day, if required.
- 2 p.m. – Closing: Open play again before pet parents pick up a tired, happy and calm dog. (Consult your nearest location for weekend and extended hours)
A SAFE HAVEN
FOR YOUR PUP
Our dog daycare facilities include a variety of fun playrooms that provide everything an active pup needs, including space and supervision. Our climate-controlled playrooms are grouped by size, personality and play style to make sure your dog is safe and comfortable. As your dog ages, grows, and develops, they may switch playrooms as their confidence builds and/or play preferences change.
Our playroom floors are specially designed with your dog’s comfort in mind. The compressed rubber is soft, comfortable on their joints, easy to sanitize and makes for happy paws and pups. Our standard is to disinfect all surfaces and equipment twice daily with pet-safe cleaning products.
Our safe and fun playrooms are designed to encourage exercise and comfort. You won’t see any chain link fences at our facilities. Instead, we separate our playrooms with walls to prevent the spread of airborne contagions and reduce noise. This also provides a relaxing environment for our dogs since the sight of other dogs between rooms may lead to barrier frustration.
Before playing with us, all dogs must participate in a Meet & Greet session to ensure they are a good fit for our open-play environment.
Need a cuteness fix? You can easily check in on your furry family member throughout the day via our playroom webcams using your computer or smart phone.
A TEAM Of
Dog Behavior Experts
As Dogtopians, we’re a unique breed. Our team of dog care professionals provide quality care in a safe and supervised environment. Team members must complete rigorous training on dog body language and behavior. Our playroom attendants aren’t just watchdogs; they’re called Canine Coaches for a reason! Dogtopia Canine Coaches go through an extensive four-part training process. The custom curriculum, designed by a registered canine behaviorist, has been independently recognized by both the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) and the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
Our Canine Coaches are dedicated to giving your dog a day filled with:
- Socialization: Dogs must be safely socialized with other dogs in order to grow into well-rounded canine citizens. The best place to do that is at doggie daycare. Although dog parks can be a fun outlet for both you and your pup, it’s hard to predict what types of dogs will be there, if they will be aggressive, if they will listen to their owners, if their play is safe and appropriate or even if they are vaccinated and healthy. At Dogtopia, we pre-screen and evaluate every dog before they are approved for open play and assign playrooms based on size and temperament. Although dogs can get sick just like at a child’s daycare, we also have a strict cleaning protocol called the Pet-Safe Cleaning Program that reduces the transmission of illness. Additionally, our playrooms are monitored by high caliber staff that is extensively trained in pack management and canine communication. Dogtopia provides a fun, nurturing environment where dogs are 100% supervised during open play.
- Education: At Dogtopia, dogs don’t just play; they learn. We coach all dogs on every visit to ensure they live up to their full potential. They learn how to behave in social situations and be more comfortable around new dogs and new people. Our certified Canine Coaches provide quality care through 8-10 hours of open play with brain games to improve behavior and manners, and keep dogs engaged. Every Canine Coach is educated on canine body language, managing dogs in open play, special considerations of dogs in the playroom, preventing scuffles and much, much more!
- Exercise: Consistent physical exercise is important to the growth and happiness of your pup – of course, there’s a whole lot of health benefits, too! Dog obesity is a serious health concern, as it increases the risk for osteoarthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney disease, cancers, ligament injuries and decreased life expectancy (up to 2.5 years). Plenty of playtime enhances dog health and longevity, leaving furry children happy and relaxed. With 8-10 hours of off-leash open play, Dogtopia offers pups plenty of exercise to help ensure a healthy weight, a strong heart and a good night’s sleep!
- Fun: At Dogtopia, our mantra is to provide your pup with the Most Exciting Day Ever! In addition to playroom activities, your dog will enjoy a variety of themed parties and doggie photo ops throughout the year! Dogs are a really big deal around here, so your pup can expect to play, run, learn and rest – and most importantly, they will meet their BFFF (Best Furry Friend Forever)!
Dogs like to play like dogs! They will run, chase, be chased, grab each others’ necks, fall down, bark, trip, pull on each others’ ears and tumble around. To pet parents, this play could look worrisome, but this is standard dog play! The Canine Coach in the playroom will monitor your pup to make sure they are safe and having fun playing with the other dogs in the room. If at any point your dog gets scared or overwhelmed, our staff will intervene.
We’ll help your pup reach their full potential at any age. Our team takes detailed notes on your dog’s activities, allowing us to easily identify subtle behavioral changes that may indicate possible health issues. Some of our locations even offer training.
Learn more about our philosophy.
No Negative Impact On
Dogs don’t think about inside vs. outside the way people do. They view the world around them through smell, sight and sound in a different way. Their nose will be full of new scents to explore as they meet their new BFFFs. They will see many wagging tails and hear excited yips and words of praise for playing excitedly! Because the sights, smells and sounds of our indoor playrooms are different from what they experience at home, you don’t have to worry about it impacting your house training. After 15 years in the business, we can confidently say that open play at Dogtopia does not translate to dogs going potty in the house.
Keeping your furry family member safe and happy is our top priority. Before your pup enters the play area, a member of our team will conduct a Meet & Greet with your dog to determine if they are comfortable in our open play environment. Find your nearest location to schedule a Meet & Greet.