Dogtopia Enterprises, a Phoenix-based, mid-sized and rapidly growing franchise organization, leading and specializing in the dog daycare sector, is looking for a Senior Director of Information Technology (IT). This professional will manage an existing and growing IT team in the areas of development, infrastructure, data management, business intelligence, technical business analytics, system support, eCommerce, security, web-based customer experience technologies and innovation. This role will further define and oversee the technology and platforms used to support all aspects of Dogtopia’s business, including the integration and consolidation of consumer data from more than 150 daycares, upcoming e-Commerce operations and Dogtopia Support Office. Ability to collaborate with business leadership teams as a strategic partner to provide technical expertise in support of business decisions through identification of integrated platforms and consolidation of data. This position is responsible for driving the implementation of best practices regarding infrastructure, ERP integration, POS integration, in-store simplification of operations and improving system performance through the delivery of frequent and regular dashboards and metrics across all key roles at a store level.
The Senior Director of IT collaborates and partners with stakeholders across the Dogtopia network and must be an outstanding communicator in both oral, written and presentation forms, conveying technically complex information and concepts in easily understood terms to business stakeholders. The Senior Director of IT will think strategically, critically, and creatively to present optimal solutions across Dogtopia’s technology stack. The Senior Director of IT must possess deep technical expertise and also be a leader and developer of IT talent for Dogtopia.
Job Duties – As Needed
- Develop and operationalize the Company’s information technology strategy with a clearly defined enterprise resource plan.
- Ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by technology systems and data that deliver franchisee growth and improved single unit economics.
- Define, design and launch daily, weekly, monthly business metrics in simple dashboards across key operational roles that define daily activities that move the needle in regards to single unit economics.
- Develop fun gamification processes that engage instore gen Z to millennial teams to encourage excellence in their daily roles through clearly defined dashboards and leadership boards delivered through role specific Apps
- Develop a deep understanding of Dogtopia’s four-wall economics and work closely with Franchisees and the Operations Team to leverage data and technology to simplify operations.
- The application of AI to drive better lead generation decisions and simply operations
- Create a culture of IT professionals focused on franchisee success through effective measures and data delivery.
- Drive transformational change and innovation while balancing business, infrastructure, budgetary and technology needs.
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of IT professionals, leading them to meet or exceed Dogtopia’s expectations for effective data, productivity, quality and achievement.
- Effectively establish and manage the Company’s IT budget. Seek and evaluate emerging technologies and educate franchisees on the advantages in applying new technologies to their business
- Oversee and manage capital projects to ensure target dates and budget expectations are met. Ensure service-level requirements are met while upholding all governance and security standards.
- Demonstrate a management style that encourages mentorship, teamwork, participation, communication and service orientation. Empower the IT team and our franchisees to succeed, assist in removing roadblocks, and coach the team to high levels of performance.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience – Required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in information technology, engineering or related field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively senior enterprise experience, including experience leading teams across all functions of technology
Education and/or Experience – Preferred
- Master’s or advanced education in a related field
- Substantive experience as a developer, engineer, and/or solutions architect
- Relevant experience with mobile applications and e-commerce platforms, including omni-channel capabilities and functionality
- Relevant experience in building business intelligence and data analytics capabilities
- Relevant experience in simplifying business operations through technology
- Relevant experience with a franchise organization preferred
- 10 paid holidays
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- 2 weeks’ vacation pay
- Personal & sick time
- Bonus Potential
- $1,200 annual health and wellness cash benefit for gym membership or healthcare
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if a new opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.