Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Real Estate and Construction will oversee and manage the real estate development process from Franchise Agreement signing to Certificate of Occupancy. The VP of Real Estate and Construction role will be responsible for ensuring 100 locations open each year for the next 5 years. This position will work closely with internal business units and external partners, including legal, finance, operations, our brokerage vendor, site mapping partner and a network of GCs. Strong communication skills and the willingness to be hands on is necessary. You will be well connected with cities across the country to expedite permitting and leverage your network of trusted GCs to achieve success in this role. This position is based in our Support Office in Phoenix, AZ.
- Oversees the execution of the new store opening process to ensure we build the capability to open 100 daycares per year.
- Spend substantial time working with our real estate brokerage firm identifying + scouting sites and negotiating with landlords in partnership with our franchisees.
- Manage due diligence, entitlements, budgets, design, permitting and project scheduling from acquisition through to CofO
- Engineer + oversee the construction and design process, such that all Daycares are delivered on time and on budget, establishing a culture of continual improvement focused on faster, cheaper, happier!
- Develop and maintain cohesive communication and excellent working relationships with real our estate brokerage firm, franchisees, developers, landlords, real estate owners, attorneys, and architects
- Work closely with our Site Mapping firm and perform competitor analysis and site mapping within key trade areas
- Own and improve the real estate strategy, process, and recommendations with a clear understanding of Dogtopia’s unique needs
- Creates and develops business and five-year growth plan with at least 100 stores per year for markets and able to deliver to plan
- 10+ years of experience of real estate development, design, and construction management within a franchise environment
- Franchise, Multi Unit Retail, Restaurant or development and portfolio management experience required
- Proven track record of opening 100 plus units per year, franchising preferred
- Experience expediting funding, SUPs and construction permits
- Deep Expertise in commercial lease negotiations and ability to interpret lease language while leading franchisees through the process and close deal in a timely manner
- High-volume construction entitlement and development process
- Deadline oriented and completes tasks, assignments, or projects in a timely manner
- eSite experience preferred
- Ability to manage direct report(s)
- Smartsheet experience preferred
- Superior analytical and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Enthusiastic team player with desire to train/mentor, and willing to assist others where necessary
- Flexibility and desire to work in a fast-paced and evolving organization
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage deadlines with a high degree of flexibility
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be able to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience required
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K employer contribution after one year of employment
- 2 weeks’ paid vacation and separate sick time.
- Bonus Potential
- $1,000 annual health and wellness cash benefit for gym membership or healthcare
We LOVE life unconditionally like a dog
We STAY loyal to our pack
We CHASE the absolute highest standards of safety
We PLAY to our full potential
We TREAT every day like it’s the most exciting day ever
Apply for this posting
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you if this opportunity matches your skills and experience.
We keep your information safe. We do not sell or share your information.