Dogtopia of Madison West, the industry leader in dog daycare, boarding, and spa services has an immediate opening for an energetic individual to assist our canine guests as their Canine Coach to engage in healthy play and to grow and develop goal behaviors. Extensive training is provided for this position and we have both full-time and part-time positions available. If you LOVE dogs and caring for them, then this is the role for you!!
Have Fun on Camera!
- Maintain control of a large group of dogs in off leash play
- Care for all furry friends as if they were a part of your family. Engage, play, and enjoy the dogs’ company.
- Maintain appropriate web cam presence and engage in positive reinforcement play management
- Support Leadership with staff recruitment by engaging job shadows in their in-room experience and with new staff training
Clean & Safe Environment
- Keep playrooms clean of messes at all times including but not limited to mopping, sweeping, trash, and more
- Maintain building care based on established expectations
- Maintain playroom whiteboard with appropriate descriptions of dogs in play
- Set up and maintain scuffle supplies in your playroom during every shift
- Report any equipment in need of replacement or maintenance
- Complete appropriate cleaning procedures and tasks to close down the playroom and prepare it for the next shift
- Be proactive in making sure dogs are always in a clean and safe environment
- Work with the team to ensure our Quality of Care sets the standard for dog care
- Respond to and resolve canine incidents and complete detailed and accurate incident reports
- Accurately retrieve and dispense food and medication and follow proper cleaning and storing of feeding dishes
Canine Enrichment & Development
- Establish & practice strong door control
- Regularly play games, use friendly voice, show love and affection to dogs
- Address dog behavioral issues proactively and using positive reinforcement, do-no-harm methods
- Review Individual Development Plans (IDPs), apply strategies, and update communication log every shift
- Recommend dogs who develop challenging behaviors for IDPs
- Complete Behavior & Activity log for each dog in assigned playroom
- Actively participate in shift change and shift kick-off meetings using industry terms
- Review and follow pet notes and make suggestions to update notes and descriptions
- Report dog health and behavior issues right away to ensure communication to pet parents
Monday-Friday: 6:00/6:30/6:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 6:30/7:30/9:30 p.m.
Saturday: 6:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Sunday: 6:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Training Period & Compensation
No previous experience working with dogs is necessary. We offer extensive training in dog body language and behavior. We believe in continuing education and following researched based methods, meaning you never stop learning at Dogtopia. This position has a 60 day probationary training period which includes an orientation to the business as a whole, regular check-ins with Leadership, a structured educational program, and experiential, hands-on learning with our professional staff.
Probationary pay is $9.50/hr. Following completion of training, pay increases to $11.50/hr.