At Dogtopia of Madison West, we believe that every dog deserves regular daycare. Our professional, knowledgeable team enriches dogs’ lives by providing a safe, fun and stimulating environment for them to learn, exercise and socialize and most importantly, to find the sense of purpose that all dogs crave.
Position Requirement & Training Period
No previous experience working with dogs is necessary. We offer extensive training in dog body language and behavior. This position has a probationary training period which includes orientation to the business as a whole, regular check-ins with leadership, a structured educational program, and experiential, hands-on learning with our professional staff. During training wages are $11.00/hr without previous experience. Following completion of training, starting wages increase to $13.00/hr.
What we offer: Let’s look at what Dogtopia does for you!
- Free dog daycare with successful evaluation
- Free dog spa services and boarding care
- Positive, supportive team culture
- Career progression based on performance and interest
- Education wage incentives and loyalty gifts
- Group health plan with 50% employer contribution for our full-time staff
- Flexible scheduling based on availability and preference
- Custom training curriculum approved for continuing education credits by the IAABC and CCPDT
- Full time, part time, and seasonal work available
Have Fun on Camera!
- Maintain a safe playgroup of off-leash dogs in an enclosed, open play environment
- Care for all furry friends as if they were a part of your family. Engage, play, and enjoy the dogs’ company.
- Maintain appropriate web cam presence
- Engage in positive reinforcement play management
- Support staffing by engaging job shadows with their in-room experience and through new staff training
Clean & Safe Environment
- Keep playrooms clean of messes at all times including but not limited to mopping, sweeping, trash, and more
- Maintain building care based on established expectations
- Maintain playroom whiteboard with appropriate descriptions of dogs in play
- Set up and maintain scuffle supplies in your playroom during every shift
- Report any equipment in need of replacement or maintenance
- Complete appropriate cleaning procedures and tasks to close down the playroom and prepare it for the next shift
- Be proactive in making sure dogs are always in a clean and safe environment
- Work with the team to ensure our Quality of Care sets the standard for dog care
- Respond to and resolve canine incidents and complete detailed and accurate incident reports
- Accurately retrieve and dispense food and medication and follow proper cleaning and storing of feeding dishes
Canine Enrichment & Development
- Establish & practice strong door control
- Regularly play games, use friendly voice, show love and affection to dogs
- Address dog behavioral issues proactively and using positive reinforcement, do-no-harm methods
- Review Individual Development Plans (IDPs), apply strategies, and update communication log every shift
- Recommend dogs who develop challenging behaviors for IDPs
- Complete Behavior & Activity log for each dog in assigned playroom
- Actively participate in shift change and shift kick-off meetings using industry terms
- Review and follow pet notes and make suggestions to update notes and descriptions
- Report dog health and behavior issues right away to ensure communication to pet parents
Shift Availability EXAMPLES
Monday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday: 6:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Sunday: 6:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.