Welcome to Dogtopia!
We are excited to meet you and your pup for your Meet & Greet! Please remember to submit our Registration Form in advance of your Meet & Greet so we can prepare for your visit! To begin, just follow these three easy steps:
3 EASY STEPS:
- Schedule a Meet & Greet – Call (608)466-3338 or request an appointment online to schedule a Meet & Greet which will include a tour of our facility as well as an evaluation for your dog.
- Complete the Registration Form – Use our fillable form to complete the Registration Form and send back via email in advance of your visit. This is our way of getting to know more about your pup and prepare for your visit! Have more than one pup? Use our Additional Dog Form!
Note: Use Adobe Reader or a Microsoft Edge browser on a PC to save and return the Registration Form via email. Mobile devices or tablets will not save the data.
- Ensure Required Vaccinations are Up-to-Date – Don’t have a copy? No problem. We are happy to call your veterinarian for you! Must-have vaccinations & health checks:
- Canine Influenza (H3N8 & H3N2)
- Fecal Floatation (biannual)
- Giardia Antigen (biannual)
On March 23, 2020, Governor Evers issued a “Safer at Home” order. Dogtopia of Madison West met the requirements to remain open as a provider of essential services. We understand the moral and ethical dilemma to isolate during this outbreak to minimize the spread and flatten the curve. At the same time, we have had many discussions regarding the needs of the front line essential service workers who need our help. We will continue to stay open to provide our services to support our pet parents in whatever manner possible.
Both the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) are in agreement – there is no evidence at this point to indicate that pets can spread COVID-19 to other animals, including people. Due to the porous and fibrous nature of pet fur, it makes it harder to contract through simple touch and is very unlikely. Click these links for helpful resources: What Veterinarians Need to Know, COVID-19: FAQs for Pet Owners, Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
We have made significant changes to our operations to protect the health and safety of our pet parents and employees, including providing car-side pick ups and drop offs, closing our lobby restroom, sanitizing our hands in between escorting every dog, following general health guidelines, and increasing our already stringent Pet Safe Cleaning Protocols. We have protected our employees’ right to choose their health first.
We do not have any report of any employee or pet parent who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
During these uncertain times, we are also making some temporary changes to make daycare more accessible to our community.
- Discounted our full day rate by 17% to $24/full day
- FREE Meet & Greets for Medical Care, Emergency Service Providers, & members of the Military + 10% off their first pass purchase (First Play Free included).
- Waiving no-show, no cancellation fees
- Waiving early drop off and late pick fees for medical care & emergency service providers
- Partnered with Green Dog, LLC to offer $20 roundtrip pick ups and drop offs from your home
MEET & GREET Process
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Until further notice, to support social distancing, all appointments will be “drop off.” We ask that you please drop your dogs off between 7:00 – 9:00 a.m.; however we will confirm the time when we confirm your appointment.
On Meet & Greet day, please pull into a parking space, remove your dog from your vehicle and wait for a staff member to come out to greet you. Please have your registration form complete and a copy of your veterinarian records showing proof of the required vaccinations (see below). Our staff will escort your dog inside and you may depart. If your dog is leash reactive, please come with their favorite treats to help make them more comfortable! It is very important to bring the dog on a leash or slip lead with a collar/harness.
One of our staff members will email you a link to a 10 min video providing a virtual tour of our facilities. You are more than welcome to schedule an in-person tour after social distancing restrictions have lifted.
Once our staff have completed your dog’s evaluation, we will call you with our observations. If your dog has a successful evaluation, they will join the playgroup for the day and you may pick them up anytime between 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Wellness check
- Response to staff touch/interaction
- Comfort level in a crate or suite*
- Reaction in “open play” setting with other dogs of varying size, breed, and temperament
- Overall observations
The process is very easy and there is nothing to be nervous about at Dogtopia – we just want to get to know your pup better!
- Your dog(s) on a leash with a collar or harness upon entry.
- We appreciate receiving the Registration Forms in prior to your visit, but if you have not emailed the Registration Form or vaccination records in advance, please bring them with you.
Because dogs are a really big deal to us, Evaluation Day at Dogtopia is fun for the whole family – consider it an introduction to our open-play environment perfectly suited for your pup’s fitness and social life. In fact, don’t be surprised if your furry child meets his or her BFFF (best furry friend forever) while you’re here!
NOTE: To perform the evaluation, all dogs must be at least 12 weeks of age AND current on required vaccinations (Rabies, DHLPP/DHPP, Bordetella, Canine Influenza). Dogs older than 7 months must be spayed or neutered. To attend daycare, the additional fecal checks must be complete and negative. Please contact us if you have a concern regarding these requirements.
*Crates & suites are used for rest, naptime, boarding, and feedings