New to Dogtopia?schedule a Meet & Greet
What is a Meet & Greet and why do I need one?
While we love all breeds and personalities, not every dog is suited for an off-leash, open-play environment. We take our dogs’ safety very seriously, so each Meet & Greet consists of 20-45 minutes with our trained evaluators to ensure that your pup is a good fit for daycare. It will include a health history overview, a nose-to-tail assessment, and an evaluation of their comfort level with other dogs in a controlled mini-play area. The process is very easy and ensures all dogs are comfortable at Dogtopia – we look forward to getting to know you and your furry family member better! Please note: All dogs must be at least 12 weeks of age AND current on required vaccinations (Rabies, DHLPP/DHPP, Canine Influenza and Bordetella) and have a negative fecal result within the last year. Dogs older than 7 months must be spayed or neutered.
- Up-to-date on vaccinations (including rabies, DHPP, canine influenza, & Bordetella) and have had a negative fecal result in the last year
- Puppies must be at least 12 weeks old AND fully vaccinated. Please ask your vet about vaccinating for rabies before 16 weeks.
- Dogs 7 months and older must be spayed/neutered
*Newly adopted or fostered adult dogs should be in their new home for at least 30 days to get comfortable in their new surroundings
*Dogtopia of Madison West requires all new overnight boarding pups complete 3 days of daycare within the 30 days prior to their first overnight stay with us to ensure their comfort.
* Don’t have canine influenza and a fecal test? We allow these to be completed within the 30 days following your dog’s Meet & Greet.
MEET & GREET
GETTING READY FOR THE MEET & GREET:
Once your Meet & Greet appointment is set and confirmed by our team, you will receive an email to log-in to your online dashboard and begin the registration process. This is where we get to know more about you and your dog, vaccinations can be uploaded electronically and you can review and digitally sign our Pet Parent Agreement. Then you’re ready!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
On Meet & Greet day, you will bring your dog(s) to the facility and it is very important to bring the dog on a leash or slip lead with a collar/harness when you enter the lobby. The evaluation process with your dog takes about 20-45 minutes with our trained evaluators. During this time we would love address your questions and help you figure out the schedule that’s best for your dog. You can even watch the playroom cameras from our lounge!
- Wellness check
- Response to staff touch/interaction
- Comfort level in a crate – Crates are used for rest, naptime, boarding, feedings and administering medication when applicable
- Reaction in “open-play” setting with other dogs of varying size, breed, and temperament
- Overall observations
The process is very easy and there is nothing to be nervous about at Dogtopia – we just want to get to know your pup better!
Have additional questions? Please visit our FAQ page.
WHERE DOGS ARE A REALLY BIG DEAL
Because dogs are a really big deal to us, Meet & Greet day at Dogtopia is fun for the whole family – consider it an introduction to our open-play environment perfectly suited for your pup’s fitness and social life. In fact, don’t be surprised if your furry child meets his or her BFFF (best furry friend forever) while you’re here!