Store Policies & Fees
Weekdays: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. | Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Full Day of Daycare: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., no pick ups & drop offs during naptime
- Half Day of Daycare: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Half Day of Daycare: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Puppy Preschool: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.;
pick ups between 3:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- No daycare available, playgroups reserved for boarding dog open play
Scheduled Dog Rest Periods:
- Naptime: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Canine Coaches’ optional 15 minute breaks at 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Early Drop Offs & Late Pick Ups:
- Dogs dropped off or picked up 15 minutes before or after lobby hours will incur a $20 fee
- Dogs who are not picked up by 30 minutes after lobby close, will be automatically checked in for a night of boarding, at additional cost, and may be picked up the following day.
- Enrolled dogs may upgrade their plans to include weekly VIP drop offs and pick ups at a discounted $5/day. These extend weekday drop off hours to 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Cancellations & No Shows
- Cancellations must be received by noon the day prior to the reservation or your dog will be considered a no show to the reservation and the following will apply:
- Owners who do not have enrollment plans will be billed for 50% of the original cost
- For owners who have enrollment plans, the reservation will be considered a use of one play from your dog’s plan.
Daycare Black Out Days
- During peak boarding seasons, Dogtopia of Madison West does not approve any Pay Per Play daycare use or additional plays for enrolled dogs. These dates are announced annually but occur around Spring Break, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
- Enrollment agreements expire on December 31st and must be renewed on an annual basis.
- Weekly schedules are approved on a first come, first served basis.
- All pauses, upgrades or downgrades, and cancellations must be submitted in writing.
- Please review the enrollment agreement HERE for other enrollment policies.
Drop Offs & Pick Ups
- All boarding dogs must be checked in by 12:00 p.m.
- Boarding rates automatically include participation in off-leash open play from 7:00 a.m. the day of drop off to 12:00 p.m. the day of pick up. Pick ups may be scheduled for anytime before noon at no cost. After noon pick up is available at the cost of a half day of daycare.
- Sundays: pick ups and drop offs must occur between 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., no associated fees.
Boarding Cancellation Fee
- Boarding reservations cancelled less than 48 hours prior to check in will be charged a $20 cancellation fee.
- A boarding deposit equal to the full cost of the boarding (nightly rate plus any additional services or fees) will be collected at drop off.
- If a boarding stay is extended or if services are added during the stay, the difference will be collected at pick up.
- If a boarding stay is cut short or if additional services are cancelled, the difference will remain as a credit on the owner’s account to be used toward future services.
Play Before Stay Policy
- All dogs using Dogtopia’s boarding services must have successfully completed a Meet & Greet prior to their boarding stay and have participated in 1-5 plays in daycare in the 30 days prior to check in. For new clients, that requirement is 3 plays. This allows dogs to acclimate to our environment and our staff to learn your dog’s normal behaviors and routines. Enrolled dogs receive priority scheduling.
BOARDING GUIDELINES & ADDITIONAL FEES
- Refer to our boarding guidelines document for how to prepare your dog’s belongings, what to bring, and other policies. This document is sent out via email 24 hours before check in but for your convenience is linked HERE.
- All dogs who utilize daycare and boarding services must be current on Bordetella, DHPP/Parvo, rabies, and canine influenza vaccines. A fecal floatation, or substitute fecal test, must be performed annually and have negative results.
- Titers are not accepted. All vaccines must be performed by a licensed veterinarian or veterinarian staff member.
- Dogs must be at least 12 weeks old to utilize Dogtopia’s services. Dogs older than 7 months must be spayed or neutered to participate in open play. Dogs 10 years and older will be reviewed annually for health and behavior changes that may affect their participation in open play.
- If your dog is diagnosed with a contagious illness, we require that you notify us immediately. We track these notifications in our system and will inform our clients of vet-confirmed cases as they become a concern to others. Failure to report may result in termination of services.
- Illnesses do not originate at Dogtopia but are contracted and brought into our environment by dogs who are carriers. Dogs may be carriers and not exhibit symptoms; however, if our staff observe symptoms of contagious illness in any dog in open play, that dog will be isolated appropriate to the symptoms until the owner or alternative caregiver is able to pick up the dog. We do not issue refunds for the reservation affected.
- To return to Dogtopia following a diagnosis of a contagion, your dog must complete the vet prescribed treatment and meet the following criteria:
- Giardia: post-diagnosis symptom free for 7 days OR receive vet communication indicating your dog is not contagious to others
- Hookworms/Tapeworms/Roundworms/Whipworms: post-treatment symptom free, confirmed with a negative result on a fecal test
- Canine Cough: symptom free and be 14 days post diagnosis
- Viral Conjunctivitus (Pink Eye): post-treatment symptom free
- Canine Oral Papillomas (Puppy Warts): post-diagnosis symptom free OR receive vet communication indicating your dog is not contagious to others
- For all other diagnoses, please inquire with a Manager
- Our staff assign dogs to playgroups with like-minded dogs and will communicate to you which playgroup we feel your dog will have the most fun in and make the most friends. Dogs may transition between playgroups as they age, have life experiences, and develop different preferences. It is normal for dogs’ behaviors to change and develop as they play at Dogtopia.
- If your dog develops challenging behaviors, Dogtopia may request that your dog completes “homework”, participate in a development plan, change their daycare schedule, or take a break from daycare to work on specific skills. To deny these requests is to voluntarily withdraw your dog from our services.
- At any point, we may determine that we are no longer the best match for your dog’s needs. We reserve the right to deny daycare and boarding services to any dog, without prior notice.