Store Policies & Fees
Weekdays: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. | Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Sunday: 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Full Day of Daycare: 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., no pick ups & drop offs during naptime
- Half Day of Daycare: 7:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Half Day of Daycare: 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Puppy Preschool: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; pick ups between 3:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- No daycare available, playgroups reserved for boarding dog open play
Scheduled Dog Rest Periods:
- Naptime: 12:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.; pick ups are discouraged during this time period to avoid disturbing others’ rest
- Canine Coaches’ optional 15 minute breaks at approximately 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Early Drop Offs & Late Pick Ups:
- Dogs dropped off or picked up 15 minutes before or after lobby hours will incur a $20 fee
- Dogs who are not picked up by 30 minutes after lobby close, will be automatically checked in for a night of boarding, at additional cost, and may be picked up the following day.
- Enrolled dogs may upgrade their plans to include weekly VIP drop offs and pick ups at a discounted $5/day. These extend weekday drop off hours to 6:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Dogs who are paying per play may only schedule daycare reservations up to 3 months in advance.
- Requests are accepted based on playgroup occupancy. Appointments must be submitted via the owner’s portal (Dogtopia App or Desktop) in order to be added to the waitlist. The schedule will be reviewed the day prior for availability and openings will be offered to those on the waitlist in the order of request.
- Enrolled dogs’ schedules are reserved from the commencement date through December 31st of the calendar year.
Cancellations & No Shows
- Cancellations must be received by noon the day prior to the reservation or your dog will be considered a no show to the reservation and the following will apply:
- Owners who do not have enrollment plans will be billed for 50% of the original cost
- For owners who have enrollment plans, the reservation will be considered a use of one play from your dog’s plan.
Daycare Black Out Days
- During peak boarding seasons, Dogtopia of Madison West does not approve any Pay Per Play daycare use or additional plays for enrolled dogs. These dates are announced annually but occur around Spring Break, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years.
- Enrollment agreements expire on December 31st and must be renewed on an annual basis.
- Weekly schedules are approved on a first come, first served basis.
- All pauses, upgrades or downgrades, and cancellations must be submitted in writing.
- Daycare reservation cancellations are not refunded unless the cancellation is involuntary and required by Dogtopia policy.
- Please review the enrollment agreement HERE for other enrollment policies.
- Pet Parents may provide a meal or treat for their dog to be served during the 12:00-2:00 p.m. naptime. The food must be provided in a sealed ziplock bag with your dog’s name on it. Leftovers from the meal will be returned to you in the same bag.
- The first time we serve your dog at naptime, you will be charged the purchase of one of our dog bowls at the cost of $5 + tax. The bowl purchased will fit your dog’s size and need (regular, slow feeder, non-flip, etc.) and will be assigned by a staff member, but the cost will not differ. This will be a one-time purchase not charged per meal. The dog bowl will be stored at our daycare until you request it returned to you.
Drop Offs & Pick Ups
- All boarding dogs must be checked in by 12:00 p.m.
- Boarding rates automatically include participation in off-leash open play from 7:00 a.m. the day of drop off to 12:00 p.m. the day of pick up. Pick ups may be scheduled for anytime before noon at no cost. After noon pick up is available at the cost of a half day of daycare.
- Sundays: pick ups and drop offs must occur between 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., no associated fees.
Boarding Cancellation Fee
- Boarding reservations cancelled less than 48 hours prior to check in will be charged a $20 cancellation fee.
- A boarding deposit equal to the full cost of the boarding (nightly rate plus any additional services or fees) will be collected at drop off.
- If a boarding stay is extended or if services are added during the stay, the difference will be collected at pick up.
- If a boarding stay is cut short or if additional services are cancelled, the difference will remain as a credit on the owner’s account to be used toward future services.
Play Before Stay Policy
- All dogs using Dogtopia’s boarding services must have successfully completed a Meet & Greet prior to their boarding stay and have participated in 1-5 plays in daycare in the 30 days prior to check in. For new clients, that requirement is 3 plays. This allows dogs to acclimate to our environment and our staff to learn your dog’s normal behaviors and routines. Enrolled dogs receive priority scheduling.
BOARDING GUIDELINES & ADDITIONAL FEES
- Refer to our boarding guidelines document for how to prepare your dog’s belongings, what to bring, and other policies. This document is sent out via email 24 hours before check in but for your convenience is linked HERE.
- During peak boarding seasons, Dogtopia will restrict its boarding services to customers who have completed a Meet & Greet at least 30 days prior to the peak season in order to serve current customers’ boarding needs.
SPA & GROOMING Policies
- Appointments are available to schedule Monday-Saturday.
- Dogs do not need to utilize our daycare or boarding services in order to schedule spa or grooming appointments and a Meet & Greet is not required for new customers; however, all dogs are held to the same health policies.
- Dogs who are requesting a grooming appointment on the same day as a daycare play will be returned to play after the service(s) is complete.
- Advanced reservations are recommended for spa services; however, same-day spa requests will continue to be accepted as the Groomer’s schedule allows.
- The cost of signature baths, brush outs, and grooming services range based on the breed standards, size, coat condition, and coat type. Any cost provided to you verbally or in writing prior to a service is a quote and may increase or decrease upon the Groomer’s inspection. The final cost will be charged at pick up.
- All dogs who utilize daycare and boarding services must be current on Bordetella, DHPP/Parvo, rabies, and canine influenza vaccines. A fecal floatation, or substitute fecal test, must be performed annually and have negative results.
- Titers are not accepted. All vaccines must be performed by a licensed veterinarian or veterinarian staff member.
- Dogs must be at least 12 weeks old to utilize Dogtopia’s services. Dogs older than 7 months must be spayed or neutered to participate in open play. Dogs 10 years and older will be reviewed annually for health and behavior changes that may affect their participation in open play.
- If your dog is diagnosed with a contagious illness, we require that you notify us immediately. We track these notifications in our system and will inform our clients of vet-confirmed cases as they become a concern to others. Failure to report may result in termination of services.
- Illnesses do not originate at Dogtopia but are contracted and brought into our environment by dogs who are carriers. Dogs may be carriers and not exhibit symptoms; however, if our staff observe symptoms of contagious illness in any dog in open play, that dog will be isolated appropriate to the symptoms until the owner or alternative caregiver is able to pick up the dog. We do not issue refunds for the reservation affected.
- To return to Dogtopia following a diagnosis of a contagion, your dog must complete the vet prescribed treatment and meet the following criteria:
- Giardia: post-diagnosis symptom free for 7 days OR receive vet communication indicating your dog is not contagious to others
- Hookworms/Tapeworms/Roundworms/Whipworms: post-treatment symptom free, confirmed with a negative result on a fecal test
- Canine Cough: symptom free and be 14 days post diagnosis
- Viral Conjunctivitus (Pink Eye): post-treatment symptom free
- Canine Oral Papillomas (Puppy Warts): post-diagnosis symptom free OR receive vet communication indicating your dog is not contagious to others
- For all other diagnoses, please inquire with a Manager
- Our staff assign dogs to playgroups with like-minded dogs and will communicate to you which playgroup we feel your dog will have the most fun in and make the most friends. Dogs may transition between playgroups as they age, have life experiences, and develop different preferences. It is normal for dogs’ behaviors to change and develop as they play at Dogtopia.
- If your dog develops challenging behaviors, Dogtopia may request that your dog completes “homework”, participate in a development plan, change their daycare schedule, or take a break from daycare to work on specific skills. To deny these requests is to voluntarily withdraw your dog from our services.
- At any point, we may determine that we are no longer the best match for your dog’s needs. We reserve the right to deny daycare and boarding services to any dog, without prior notice.