Why the pet industry
JOIN THE BEST OPPORTUNITY IN THE BOOMING PET INDUSTRY
The pet sector is a booming $7 billion industry and is showing no signs of slowing down, with growth projections to over $110 billion by 2023. Forty-one per cent of Canadian households own a pet and there are over 8.2 million dogs in Canada. That’s a 10 per cent increase over the past 10 years, according to the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI). Growth in this sector, not surprisingly, has coincided with a significant national increase in what pet parents spend on their pets. According to Forbes, an astounding 92% of pet owners spent the same or more on their pets during the most recent recession period. No matter the economy, people love their pets and more than ever, and dog daycare and pet services, in general, are booming!
- It’s recession-proof
- It’s predictable
- There is no need to educate the customer
- The industry benefits from the Kinderschema
- Good margins
- Growing market
WHY dog DAYCARE?
- Not only is it easy to run, but it’s also easy to learn, allowing franchisees to grow rapidly into multiple units
- It is a great industry for work-life balance
- Your cash isn’t tied up with inventory (Cost of Goods is a low 4%)
- Dogtopia’s world-class branding allows for best-in-class partners for PR, digital and traditional marketing
- 100% privately owned, no debt
- It’s a stable $7 billion industry that resists change, no matter the current economy
- There is a growing demand, with more than 8M dogs in Canada and an increasing number of pet parents who treat their dogs like children
DOG DAYCARE SERVICES ARE HERE TO STAY: RECESSION RESISTANT
The industry is stable and growing. No matter the economy, people love their pets. Even during the 2008 financial crisis, the sector was growing anywhere from 5% to 10% per year. People scaled back on some of their other discretionary spending, material possessions, vehicles, homes, even vacations, but they continued to invest in the care of their dog.
And more than ever pet parents are looking for dog daycare and services. According to Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (Ag Canada), a third of respondents in a recent study said their dog or cat’s health and well-being was of greater concern to them than their own.
EARLY DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
As an emerging brand, Dogtopia is experiencing impressive growth. The demand for our brand, flexibility of our model and the availability of prime territories is fueling our growth. There has never been a better time to join us and be the first to bring Dogtopia to your community. So, what are you waiting for?
EXPERIENCED FRANCHISE LEADERSHIP
Our leadership team has had direct experience with some of the top franchise brands like Century 21, Gloria Jeans Coffee, Brinker International, and Papa Johns Pizza. In fact, the combined franchise experience of our team is over 150 years.
STRONG UNIT ECONOMICS CLASS
Dogtopia was one of the early pioneers in the dog daycare industry. That means we’ve had over 14 years to refine and perfect our model. We know how to make daycare a profitable and economic windfall. All units which have been opened since inception of the concept in Canada remain open today. Come join us and grab your share!