Dogtopia is a leading international dog daycare and spa franchise bringing a new level of sophistication to the fragmented pet industry. We’re poised to expand to 400 locations across the U.S. and Canada over the next three years, with 15 new locations set to open during the next two years in Canada alone. The pet industry supports this type of trend, projecting an 11% job growth rate between 2014 and 2024.
Dogtopia was one of the early pioneers in the dog daycare industry. That means we’ve had more than 16 years to refine and perfect our model. We also operate four stores ourselves as company-owned units in the GTA. We know how to make daycare a profitable and economic windfall.
But at Dogtopia, we go beyond the numbers. We have a passion for caring for dogs. Happy, healthy pups are at the heart of who we are. Our modern facilities provide a healthy, safe and fun environment for dogs to socialize and play in, supervised by a highly trained and nurturing team. We have created a loving place with what dogs want and need in mind. It’s not just a paradise for dogs but also for pet parents as their loving pooch comes home happy and well taken care of.
Since opening in 2002, Dogtopia has been the recipient of many awards and recognition for their facility design, customer service, sales growth, and cutting-edge innovations. The awards include Pet Product News International Retailer of the Year (2013), Pet Age Business of the Year-Bronze (2014), Inc. 500/5000 List of America’s Fastest-Growing Companies, Franchise Times Top 200 List (2016, 2018, 2019), and Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2019) among others.
Dogtopia is also a values-driven company and committed to giving back to the communities it operates in. The Dogtopia Foundation enables dogs to positively change our world. To accomplish this, we are currently funding programs focused around three worthy causes: Service Dogs for Veterans and First Responders, Youth Literacy Programs and Employment Initiatives for Adults with Autism. 100% of donations are given directly to the organizations we support. Dogtopia Canada has partnered with the Citadel Canine Society, who trains service dogs and pairs them with first responders and vets. We currently have three “teams” sponsored across Canada in the Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto communities.
More Reasons to Consider Dogtopia:
- Dogtopia is the FASTEST GROWING FRANCHISE in the pet industry!
- The demand for our brand, flexibility of our model and the availability of prime territories is fueling our impressive growth
- Seasoned franchise leadership team and ownership
- 100+ stores open, sustainable growth plans to 400+ stores by 2023
- 200+ units sold and in development
- Modern branding and market positioning targeting female millennial pet parents
- 3 Flexible Models: Urban, Suburban Retail, Industrial
- Support: 4 WEEKS of initial training, 2 WEEKS opening, local market operational visits and ongoing support
- Turn-key real estate and construction services
- Industry-Specific Cleaning Protocols
- World-class branding = key partners for PR, digital and social marketing
- Franchisees can grow rapidly into multiple units
- Work/life balance = majority of business is Monday through Friday (with limited nights & weekends)
- You can take your dog to work with you!
- No inventory = Low Cost of Goods (4%)
- Multiple streams of revenue: daycare, boarding, spa, training, retail, etc.
- Reoccurring, dependable and consistent membership revenue
- Financial strength of franchisor = 100% privately owned, no debt
- Strong unit economics
- Dogtopia’s biggest competitor in the U.S. has minimal presence in Canada, and is focused primarily on dog boarding vs our core revenue stream of recurring daycare revenue
Open the business you’ve always dreamed of in the place you call home. Better yet, bring the Dogtopia brand to an entire market and take advantage of our discounts on multi-unit purchases.
As a Dogtopia franchisee, you’ll spend your days playing with dogs, engaging with pet parents, and fostering valued relationships of trust in your local community. At the same time, you’ll be teaching your team members responsibility, the value of hard work, and providing growth opportunities for learning and development within your facility all the while building a better future for you and your family through business ownership. If that sounds good, a Dogtopia franchise might be the perfect business opportunity for you!