Dogtopia franchisees come from various backgrounds and experiences. Dogtopia attracts men and women, husbands and wives, and partners from all across the U.S. and Canada who understand the value of working together as a collective system to achieve our goals. Our owners are motivated, tenacious and passionate. Each one is different, but each one shares a common trait: an affinity for dogs and a desire to grow a successful business.
- Owner-Operator: No previous business experience necessary, hands-on operator, assumes role of general manager
- Corporate refugee/displaced executive: Previous corporate professionals & executives, first-time entrepreneur, some relative business and management experience, hands-on operator
- Diversifying serial entrepreneur looking for next growth vehicle: Empire builders, absentee/semi absentee, investor type (Area Developer), strong previous or current business experience, affinity with franchise businesses and leading brands
- Diversifying, experienced multi-brand/multi-unit franchisee: looking for next big thing, strong existing management team, infrastructure and financial resources to develop a large market quickly
Desired Background of Ideal Candidates
- Some management/business experience/background: helpful, but not required
- Skills include: sales, management of personnel, training, marketing and customer service
- Doesn’t have to love dogs – must LIKE dogs! Must LOVE the business of dogs!
- Passionate about business opportunity, the industry growth and demand
Dogtopian Success Stories, In Their Own Words
But don’t just take our word for it! Let our Franchisees tell you how great the Dogtopia Franchise Opportunity is.
“We see the biggest benefits as the growing selling power, reputation, and familiarity of the brand coupled with the ongoing EXPANSION and quality of support from the franchisor and our peers.”
-ART PEDIGER & TAYLOR JAMES, Owners Dulles, VA
“Owning and operating a Dogtopia is very rewarding. I really enjoy building customer relationships by sharing STORIES about their dog while they’re in our care.”
-AMBER SUTTON, Multi-Unit Owner, Woodbridge and Springfield, VA
NOTE: This website is not a franchise offering. A franchise offering can be made by us only in a providence, if we are first qualified to offer franchises in that providence, and only if we provide you with an appropriate franchise disclosure document. Follow-up or individualized responses to you that involve either effecting or attempting to effect the sale of a franchise will be made only if we are first in compliance with all providential requirements.